How do I change the bot count and difficulty on my server?

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How do I change the bot count and difficulty on my server?

Post by kraze »

To edit specific coop settings you need to edit your "server_cooperative.cfg". This file can be edited by accessing your NFO control panel and going to the "File manager" tab.

From the drop-down box select "server_cooperative.cfg" and press the "edit" button. You should be presented with the below file.

Code: Select all

"mapcyclefile" 		"mapcycle_coop.txt"			// "cooperative" mapcycle - checkpoint only
"mp_friendlyfire"								"1"		// friendly fire
"mp_tkpunish"									"1"		// How to punish team killing ( 0 = none, 1 = warning, 2 = kill )
"sv_hud_deathmessages"							"1"		// death messages
"sv_hud_scoreboard_show_kd"						"1"		// show k:d on scoreboard
"sv_hud_targetindicator"						"1"		// show friendly player names when looking at them
"mp_timer_pregame"								"5"	// timer for the pre-game (before the game starts, usually after map change or on mp_restartgame 1)
"mp_timer_preround"								"12"	// timer for the pre-round (before the round starts, usually after a previous round ends or on mp_restartround 1)
"mp_timer_postround"							"15"	// timer for the post-round (after the round starts)
"mp_timer_postgame"								"21"	// timer for the post-game (at the end of a game / map rotation)
"mp_minteamplayers"								"1"		// min players on each team to start the match
"sv_deadvoice"									"1"		// enabling this will allow the dead and living to VOIP each other
"sv_deadchat"									"1"		// enabling this will allow the dead and living to chat text each other
"sv_deadchat_team"								"0"		// is deadchat limited to just your team?
"mp_coop_min_bots"								"9"		// number of bots when there is 1 player on the server
"mp_coop_max_bots"								"24"	// number of bots when there are 8 players on the server
"mp_coop_min_bot_difficulty"					"2"		// bot difficulty towards the beginning of the mission
"mp_coop_max_bot_difficulty"					"3"		// bot difficulty towards the end of the mission
"bot_damage"									"0.6"	// the amount of damage bots give off compared to normal players
For example, if I wanted to edit the amount of bots I would edit the mp_coop_min_bots and mp_coop_max_bots commands. Keep in mind bots take up real player slots as well.

As another example, if I wanted to put my server on the brutal difficulty. I would edit the mp_coop_min_bot_difficulty and mp_coop_max_bot_difficulty commands. Setting them to "3" will ensure the bots are on the hardest difficulty throughout the entire mission. Currently the available difficulties are 1,2 and 3.