Insurgency - AI not working in co-op mode

slembo
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency - AI not working in co-op mode

Post by slembo »

Can anyone help me with what might be causing the bots or ai to not be working in my co-op matches... I have done alot of research on this and supposedly you just have to load a co-op map and the bots should load in. I have also tried exec the server_checkpoint.cfg through my server.cfg and this hasn't seemed to work. I'm obviously missing something but I'm just not sure what..

Also I should mention I am trying to run the server as a terrorist hunt style coop mode.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Insurgency - AI not working in co-op mode

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

I also need help doing this.

Please NFO staff, can you please give us some server config files for this?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Actually our (Windows OS) Insurgency COOP server are running quite stable and without any problems, which surprised me a bit after reading/reports about COOP servers crashing on regular intervalls.

We are using a mix between the default server.cfg for COOP that is packaged with the dedicated server files in the \cfg folder and one of from the following link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/di ... 579416138/
devilbass
New to forums
New to forums

Post by devilbass »

Last week i decide to create me dedicated server to playing coop with friend, i follow this threads to help me: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/di ... ?l=english

Everything working so nice...except no one is able to download modding file when he join me server because i need a real host to share modified file with URL to put on Server.cfg

So for the easy way i decide to join NFO Server for everything i need...I take the 8 slot plans...

Suprise! NFO Server are set for PVP not for Coop, so you need to edit many .cfg files to get your coop server working...But thats ok! I just copy and paste me file i make when i test me own dedicated coop server. Everything working except i see only 2 ai (Bot) on default 6 Player slot.

After modified me files twice, restart server so much time to test again and again, i decide to put default player slot 6 to 8 and tatam! see not ai (Bot) ingame, i try to add 10 ai (Bot) in admin console but i see only 2 ai (Bot) again...After 3 hours of !$/*&?"! I understand why coop not working properly on NFO Server...

You need 32 slot plans (28.79$) to get coop working properly because in fact, Insurgency coop work like that; If you have 32 server slot, lobbysize of 8, then ingame will have max 24 bots. So when i test, remember me plans i paid is for 8 Slot, if i make lobbysize to 8, have no slot for ai (Bot) right ? Truth! If i make a lobbysize of 6, i get 2 ai (Bot) Only because i have 8 player slot plans, thats make sense at all.

Thats quit frustrated and sad and am so sorry but i never paid 28.79$ us for month to have 32 player slot to make coop game. Thats quit ridiculous!

Remember, more player slot you have= more ai (bot) you get ingame...

Sorry for me english, i speak more french...Hope thats help everyone have that kind of problem on the future.

devilbass
New to forums
New to forums

Post by devilbass »

Source;http://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/di ... 082074977/

Steam post ; Coop Server but no Bots

Response; jimbomcb [developer]

Could you paste your startup parameters you're using for the server?

You have the max_bots set to 42 but that won't work properly, bots take up player slots and if you have a 32 slot server with a lobbysize of 8 then there will only be room 24 bots. You will probably find issues with performance too, we don't recommend increasing the bot counts by much.