Insurgency Cooperative Server Setup Help!

WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Cooperative Server Setup Help!

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

NFOServers community!

Hello! I have just purchased a 20 man TS3 server and 16 slot Insurgency server in an attempt to pioneer a new gaming community. I am still undecided on the name but I enjoy Insurgency and it's step away from traditional FPS games and am starting this venture on Insurgency.

I have 1 problem. I can't seem to figure out how to setup my Insurgency server from the website UI server interface to be a cooperative server. (I don't know how to setup bots either and I'm not 100% sure if this is big enough for a cooperative server or should I just leave it as a non cooperative server and try and get exposure through that?

If anyone else has ran a cooperative server for Insurgency and can help me out I will be forever grateful!

Thank you,
WobbleHeadDoll
WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Insurgency Cooperative Server Setup Help!

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

I could not find an "edit" button to edit my previous post to include pertinent information.

My server for Insurgency is located at: sns122.game.nfoservers.com:27015
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

So let's see if we have this straight.

You ordered a server with no knowledge or understanding of how to set it up or configure it.

You have no idea of a direction you want the server to go in, or whom you wish to cater to.

You did all of this hoping to start another gaming community that you have yet to think of a name for, instead of just joining an already well established community.

And lastly, you come to the forums that provide the server you ordered, instead of looking for help from the actual Insurgency community on their forums, that would probably have a much better pool of knowledgeable server admins?

Did I get the gist of your post?

Please let me know if this helps...

http://bit.ly/1s21UQw

Good luck.
WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

Gotta take a leap of faith sometimes.

Yes, I have consulted Google and I have followed a bunch of guides I have found online but haven't resulted in any successes.

My hopes in messaging the provider would be that the provider offers these services so they should be able to help me out with any questions I may have with their service. NFO also offers a web control panel for the server and I'm not sure that the Insurgency community will be familiar with NFO's interface.

Despite your mocking post (at least that is the tone I had gotten from it) do you have any ideas aside from Google? I've tried loading "server_cooperative.cfg" from RCon and it loads successfully but my server still has yet to switch to Co-Op.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

There's nothing wrong with looking for help.

I would love to help you out wobble, but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to set up an Insurgency server(I don't have the game).

I haven't heard much discussion about Insurgency on these forums, so I don't think you would be able to get help from the community members here.

I will look into the server files on one of my dedis to see if I can get it working. You can add me on steam using the button in my sig and we can try to get your server up and running the way you want :)
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

These forums are absolutely meant for questions like this. Everyone does need to start some where and getting involved in a community is an excellent starting point.

Coop should be handled by the map cycle. So coop maps will have "coop" added to end of it. Placing these in your map cycle should be all you need.

heights_coop checkpoint
district_coop checkpoint
siege_coop checkpoint
ministry_coop checkpoint
market_coop checkpoint
peak_coop checkpoint
heights_coop outpost
district_coop outpost
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I found that the "server_cooperative.cfg" contains the wrong mapcyclefile setting.

It has this:
"mapcyclefile" "mapcycle_cooperative.txt"

when it should be this:
"mapcyclefile" "mapcycle_coop.txt"

There are a couple steps to get this working 100%.
You need FTP to make a few of these changes. The cycle listed on the "Easy Setup" tab will not work after this.

1. Change the line in server_cooperative.cfg to what I said above.

2. Edit your starting map on the easy setup tab of your control panel(Mine looks like this: http://gflclan.com/soja/Screenshot_08-0 ... -05-01.png )

3. Remove this line in the server.cfg on your server:
mapcyclefile "mapcycle.txt"

4. Add this to the end of your server.cfg
exec server_cooperative.cfg

When you restart your server it should be 6 total slots and on a coop map!

If you need anything else please ask!
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TacTicToe, please, let's keep posts positive and constructive here. If these forums become vicious, people will not want to use them.

As kraze said, everyone has to start somewhere, and the best place for basic questions is a forum.
WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

I managed to get this problem sorted out! I used suggestions from everybody and the excellent support group members!

It was a combination of everything. I didn't have coop maps in the original location. I assumed if I loaded the "server_cooperative.cfg" via rcon it would reboot and the change would be made to a permanent coop mode, I was wrong. I added coop maps in the starting rotation, added them in the "mapcycle.txt", finally at the end I used "exec server_cooperative.cfg" to pull everything together and now I have a 6-slot coop server!

Thank you everybody!

P.S. If you'd like to take a look around or play some rounds, here is my information:
Name: Insurgency - Provided by WobbleHeadDoll
Server address: sns122.game.nfoservers.com:27015
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Glad you got up and running :)

If you need anything else please ask!
Not a NFO employee
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

good stuff,added to my server list,will join your server at somepoint.
WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

I still seem to be having some problems with my server.

It hangs every now and then and whenever I call a vote to change the map none of my other maps show up. I've added maps through the "easy setup" option and in each of my files that point to maps for gameplay.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
WobbleHeadDoll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by WobbleHeadDoll »

I believe I just fixed it. "server_cooperative" references a "mapcycle_cooperative" but there is only "mapcycle_coop" so I changed that and now I can even vote to change maps!

I shall keep everyone posted as to whether or not my problems have gone away.

Thank you everyone for your patience with me!