Insurgency Coop - 6 players but cant get 8

chickenwing
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Coop - 6 players but cant get 8

Post by chickenwing »

Greetings. Got a new Insurgency server originally with 8 slots and configured it for Coop. Got it up and running with 6 players, 2 bots. Then upgraded to 20 slots. But, I cant get it change to 8 player slots.

I have added mp_coop_lobbysize 8 to the server.cfg (and server_cooperative.cfg), but still no change. to 8 players. Also, do not have sv_playlist in the config, as I understand that conflicts with lobbysize command.

So, not seeing what I need to do differently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

PS, have min/max bots as...
mp_coop_min_bots "8"
mp_coop_max_bots "12"
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Insurgency Coop - 6 players but cant get 8

Post by kraze »

In my testing sv_playlist coop and mp_coop_lobbysize 8 shouldn't have an issue together. I personally use them on my server without issues. Also if you are running checkpoint make sure you have the bots set correctly there as well.

"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_min" "8"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_max" "12"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_default" "0" // when set to 0, it will scale between the min and max depending on player count

Should be set in your server_checkpoint.cfg.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
chickenwing
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Insurgency Coop - 6 players but cant get 8

Post by chickenwing »

Kraze, thanks for the reply.

That was the problem...while I had the mp_coop_lobbysize 8 in the server.cfg, it was also in the server_checkpoint.cfg with the value of 6. So, that was overriding the value I had in the server.cfg.

Problem solved! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D