Insurgency Spawn Protection?

glennhumphreys
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Spawn Protection?

Post by glennhumphreys »

Hello everybody. When playing the insurgency map "Panama_Canal", I ran into a rather unexpected issue. At one point, following the capture of a checkpoint by my team, I spawned back into the game (after previously being "killed") right in the middle of a group of bots which were busy attacking my friends who were playing the game. Naturally, being somewhat surprised, my reflexes were a bit slow and I got killed – again.

I am told by one of my friends that it is possible to create something called "spawn protection". Apparently, it is possible to somehow delay the time bots will take to attack you in situations of this kind. I spent some time on Google looking for information about this, and kept coming across commentary to the effect that it is a map design issue. Finally, I came across a vague reference to a command "SpawnAttackDelay". But there was no further information on the syntax, other than a hint that this command is apparently specific to the team competition game versions of insurgency.

Does anyone have any further information, or suggestions, about this issue of "spawn protection"? … Glenn Humphreys
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Insurgency Spawn Protection?

Post by kraze »

I haven't heard of this myself with INS, but you may be able to achieve this using some type of SM plugin. Anything labeled as spawn protection should work.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!