Insurgency Sandstorm

R.Flagg
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Sandstorm

Post by R.Flagg »

Hello. I have rented a private-only game/voice server for Insurgency Sandstorm. I've ran a server here before, but I'm not an expert.

Does this game/voice server allow me to create and use a .bat file to start server with? So I can use things like the -mods and -maplist parameters in the command line (eventually I might want to run custom maps)

I can't seem to get the Rcon to work in-game, even though it works from the control panel. Should it work if I start by pulling down console and typing rcon_password rconpasswordhere ?

Appreciate any tips. Thanks
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Insurgency Sandstorm

Post by TimeX »

Most things can either be set in the control panel or in the configs, but if there is anything specific you need set on the command line, please open a help request and we can look into changing it for you.

As for rcon, I'm not sure if it can be used directly in the client console that way, but the game does have an admin system with menu. More information about that and server configuration in general can be found in the official server documentation here:

https://support.newworldinteractive.com ... dmin-guide
TimeX
R.Flagg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks for the reply. Sandstorm is using something called Mod IO, and apparently that's how you host custom maps on your server. To quote the guide...

"Your server must include -Mods on the command line for this to function."

So, yeah, I guess I will do as you ask, and submit a request for that to be added to command line. Since they've made it possible now, I'm sure quality custom maps will be a thing.

I can continue to use rcon from the control panel. But still, it would be nice to get a definitive answer about using it mid-game, as that would make it a bit easier.

Thanks again.
R.Flagg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by R.Flagg »

The help request was taken care of, and -Mods was added for us to the command line. That part is all good, and I am grateful. I have successfully loaded and played a custom map.

Next, we wish to see if custom mutators are supported. They use the same Mod IO system, which I think I have followed. Keeping in mind, that apparently it doesn't matter if it's a map or a muator, they are all referred to as 'mods'.

The mod ID # for the mutator was added to the Mods.txt
The mutator name was added via the Easy Setup tab

I can see that we're at least part-way there, since the server browser recognized the custom mutator I've selected. However, I've tried two so far, and haven't had any luck of them actually showing up in-game.
Annotation 2020-04-10 042405.png
Annotation 2020-04-10 042405.png (44.5 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
I did also test a 'stock' mutator that came with the game, and it worked.

I have no idea yet if this is NFO related, I'm just asking. Has anyone else here running a InsSandstorm server had luck running any custom mutators?

Thanks for reading!
R.Flagg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by R.Flagg »

Update:

It seems that I was only testing it on 1st map after adding mutator and restarting server. Turns out if I wait until the next map(s) come up, it starts working.

I can work with that.