Rotating games on our server

Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rotating games on our server

Post by Tamvegas »

We have a couple BF4 servers, one of which we changed to Hardline a week ago.

As this is the highest priced game, I'm wondering if we could rotate games on it?
Like BC2, BC2 Vietnam and BF3 as well as Hardline?

We'd like to avoid losing the higher cost for Hardline when changing to BC2 etc and then having to pay it again in a couple weeks when we change it back.
Will the difference in monthly cost for the games go to our NFO account?

Thanks,
Tamvegas
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Rotating games on our server

Post by Edge100x »

If you'd like to run multiple games like this, I recommend using a managed VDS, and just having them set up and turned off when you do not need them. We do not have a special game switcher.
Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tamvegas »

Thanks for the response Edge. I'll pass that info alon. That may well be the best way for us to go.
Peace,
Tamvegas
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

If you are running over a ~40 slot server, you may not want to go with a VDS. Large Battlefield servers don't perform well on a VDS.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We haven't done extensive testing with BFH, but it seems to have a bit lower usage than BF4. Still, I wouldn't recommend higher than 48 slots.
Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tamvegas »

Thanks for the advice, Edge and Soja.
If we were to go the VDS route, will NFO load the game server files to the server for us? I understand we set them up, but at least we could avoidthe long upload of the game files. It would most likely be Hardline, BF3, BC2 and BC2 Vietnam. And I doubt we'd exceed 24 to 30 players at a time and only 1 or 2 of the games open for play at a time (password lock the server access till we were ready for a game or scrim, but have them all set up).

Peace,
Tamvegas
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

NFO's system does transfer game files onto the VDS for you.
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

If you want maximum performance, a full machine would be the answer. However it is more expensive and you can not upgrade/downgrade on the fly as you can with a VDS. But I have to tell you, our full machine just SCREAMS! We are hosting servers for another game that is currently early access. The servers run exceptionally well, and the overkill of power compensates for the poorly optimized game server itself.

Something to think about. I think your community will be floored by the sheer awesomeness of your new full dedi box. :)