Disinformation

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Disinformation

Post by Edge100x »

I was just browsing around the 'net and happened to come across the website of one of our more prominent competitors, which I will refer to here as "GR".

"GR" makes a few claims that are misleading, so I thought I'd set the record straight.

".. no other competitors [have dual Opteron 252's]"

This was posted on their site on April 16, which I found amusing, because we've had dual Opteron 252's in production since March 12, more than a month before them.

"Any game host running Opterons on MS Windows can only run in 32-bit mode. That's only half as good as 64-bit mode -- what's the point?!

To say that 64-bit mode is better than 32-bit mode is misleading. Benchmarks show that it actually makes only a negligible performance difference. And actually, in the case of AMX-based plugins, 64-bit mode gives a drastic speed decrease over 32-bit ones.

Our extensive testing also shows that win32-based servers perform better for Steam-based games than Linux ones.

"252's are nearly 65% faster than... 242's!"

This is not true. The speed of a machine has many more determiners than just the speed of the processor, and we have found that while 252's are faster than 242's, they're not 65% faster.

The moral here: Always do your homework before purchasing a game server! When you do, I guarantee you'll find that we have the winning combination of performance, stability, price, support, and control.
Councilman
New to forums
New to forums

lol

Post by Councilman »

they got burned!!!!!!! Go NFO!!!!!!!!!!
Sledster
A regular
A regular

gr

Post by Sledster »

I had that gr at one time and I can say hands down that Nfo has the best support. Thats #1 in my book.
Great idea Nfo, on support contact in the control panel..
I said that and Im sticking to it....
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

Good save Edge :wink: