FPS?

KurtPierce420
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FPS?

Post by KurtPierce420 »

This doesn't have to do with servers, but I was wondering of what I can do to increase my FPS without getting a new video card? I have 60 fps and it seems like EVERYONE else has 100, so they can see me b4 I see them and I don't like it. This is for CS 1.6 btw. If you didn't know.
I own you.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

turn off vsync, set refresh rate to 100 for 800x600 or whatever resolution you use for CS, make sure refresh rate is highest for monitor thats supported

make sure fps_max is set to like 100 or something higher

If you search google theres alot of config stuff you can do to maximize fps which means losing some quality sometimes. Not all video cards can go 100, but most can for cs 1.6, like for example, an onboard video card usually cannot.

Please don't ask computer questions here as there are specific computer forums where people can help you with issues such as this. These forums are geared towards rental support of their gameservers, not client side.
-Nick
KurtPierce420
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by KurtPierce420 »

I have no idea what vsync is, let alone know how to turn it off. Can you help me with that? Lol Sorry
I own you.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

you turn it off in your driver settings, in the advanced properties by right clicking the desktop, properties, then going to settings and properties.

This info can be found on the nvidia or ati site for your software/drivers.
-Nick