Custom Map DoD:Anvil

kifbox
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Custom Map DoD:Anvil

Post by kifbox »

I am trying to get dod_anvil-B12 set up for my server, I FTP'd the files or so I think. At least I seemed to have done it 3 times now, and they appear on my computar screen when I look at the server.

Anyway, server crashes HARD when you changemap or level or whatever. I got this map from PAF, an NFO site, but it seems like it is missing files. I dunno.

Are they any other server owner/renters that care to answer this one instead of "Our Company's IT Guy" (i.e. DID YOU HIT ALT+^+F6+Ins, ALL AT THE SAME TIME??!?!?!) that shit gets old....just as old as the DoD source maps are.
Wolverine
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wolverine »

I just put the map on my server but appears a bit buggy. Remember it is only a beta map at this point. But it does load. There are a lot of files to upload make sure you have them all in the right place.
kifbox
New to forums
New to forums

Well, then...

Post by kifbox »

OK, well I thought I had them on there, I am 99.998 % sure that I copied what I downloaded. I got the file from punkassfraggers.com or .net or whatever, it was affiliated with NFO so anyway. I don't know...when I do changelevel server locks up, have to go to console to reboot (thru web interface) so am I missing files? Do you have the "source" zip or whatever I can get from you and compare files?

Kif
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you examined the log files from when the server crashed? The game will report if any critical files are missing through its log. Another option would be to change the map through the rcon tool on the Server control page -- the log line will be displayed there as well, in real time, after you use the "changelevel" command.
Wolverine
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Well, then...

Post by Wolverine »

kifbox wrote:OK, well I thought I had them on there, I am 99.998 % sure that I copied what I downloaded. I got the file from punkassfraggers.com or .net or whatever, it was affiliated with NFO so anyway. I don't know...when I do changelevel server locks up, have to go to console to reboot (thru web interface) so am I missing files? Do you have the "source" zip or whatever I can get from you and compare files?

Kif
My copy is from PAF as well. So I thinkj you may a few files in the wrong location