Some Pre-Sale Questions

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
dexterity
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Some Pre-Sale Questions

Post by dexterity »

Hello,

I currently have a server with another company (I will not say who) i am paying 32 dollars a month for a 16 slot.

I was looking to change to Nuclear Fallout because my clan is going Cal-Main, and the server company I am with now has some smoke lag, and sometimes the registry can be questionable in-game, so I am looking for a decent/good performance server. There can be an afk person, and you can aim directly for their head, and it will not give you a hs at times.

I was just wondering how the servers perform, and how the registry is on the nuclear fallout servers. And how the users experiences have been with them. So if you have a Nfo Customer, please share your experiences : )

I would go with the so-called "higher-performance" company's (which I will not name) but I have rather shallow pockets =). So I am looking to purchase like an 11 or 12 slot private with Nfo. So please reply and help me out, thanks =)
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Some Pre-Sale Questions

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

dexterity wrote:Hello,

I currently have a server with another company (I will not say who) i am paying 32 dollars a month for a 16 slot.

I was looking to change to Nuclear Fallout because my clan is going Cal-Main, and the server company I am with now has some smoke lag, and sometimes the registry can be questionable in-game, so I am looking for a decent/good performance server. There can be an afk person, and you can aim directly for their head, and it will not give you a hs at times.

I was just wondering how the servers perform, and how the registry is on the nuclear fallout servers. And how the users experiences have been with them. So if you have a Nfo Customer, please share your experiences : )

I would go with the so-called "higher-performance" company's (which I will not name) but I have rather shallow pockets =). So I am looking to purchase like an 11 or 12 slot private with Nfo. So please reply and help me out, thanks =)
Well I've been an NFo customer for about lets see hrmm...about a year and 2 months.Their support is there 24/7 to where I can always rely on them when I have a problem with my servers.If there is a outage or lag they do their absolute best to get the problem fixed most outages last about 5-10 minutes and it happens once in a blue moon.Their servers are really good if you get any amount of lag they will help strive to fix it even if they have to re-route their InterNAP bandwidth to you,in other words you MIGHT experience some off registery and a little lag when not having an accelerated server but only if your on an old machine which mostly all their machines are new opterons.Even on the their cheapest bandwidth they offer it is really good.Their prices is the logo you get one you pay for and heres what you may also expect from them top-notch support, good servers at prices you can afford,and everything else on their front page.They even give you 2 gigs of web hosting storage!!!Their control panel is freaking awesome and so easy to use as seen in this link http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/cpss/ ,AND they work all the time thinking of new convienant ways to give you the best possible gaming experience possible.If you dont think this is good enough give them a try and see how you like them. Thank you.
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Oh yeah forgot im gonna try to get an accelerated server from NFo today :D .
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Forgot you also get full control over you servers.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

These are the BEST servers, and the BEST company I have ever had the pleasure of having service from, and it truly IS a pleasure talking w/ support...not a lot of companies you can say that about.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Some Pre-Sale Questions

Post by Edge100x »

dexterity wrote:I would go with the so-called "higher-performance" company's (which I will not name) but I have rather shallow pockets =). So I am looking to purchase like an 11 or 12 slot private with Nfo.
I can't think of a higher performance company than ours. There are a few others that use InterNAP bandwidth, but nobody that I know of has faster hardware than we do, has better load-balancing and monitoring systems, or can provide lower latencies in game by other means. Our reputation is heavily founded on performance, service and support, not just price ;).
laws_69
New to forums
New to forums

Post by laws_69 »

And we all know faster hardware means....you get to put MORE servers on one box so you can profit on the space and power savings.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The space difference is irrelevant, since we never come close to using all the space we have, but a lower power bill does allow savings to be passed on to customers.

However, it's not quite that simple -- if it were, then our lower-priced (or overpriced, as the case may be), lower-quality competitors would also be running the fastest hardware, to save money; clearly, this isn't the case. Faster systems actually often draw far more power than their speed justifies, and their much-higher up-front cost usually more than compensates for power savings when a new design comes out that does save power.

Most importantly to us, and our main reason for choosing them, is that faster machines have a higher CPU "ceiling". That is, not only can they handle many game servers, but they can also better withstand sudden spikes in usage on a particular server or set of servers, especially in the case of dual-CPU, dual-core systems. This makes for smoother, more consistent gameplay and less of a need for load-balancing between machines.

In our case, faster hardware also means faster hard drives, which decrease level load times and make server creations, moves, and file synchronization operations quicker.

And fewer machines means less time spent ordering, building, and shipping new hardware, as well as installing new drivers and patches, which we pass on to customers through better response times to support requests.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Let's not forget that higher-end, higher-quality machines are also built to more exacting specifications, and are less likely to break than cheaper alternatives. Uptime is a good thing ;).
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Edge100x wrote:The space difference is irrelevant, since we never come close to using all the space we have, but a lower power bill does allow savings to be passed on to customers.

However, it's not quite that simple -- if it were, then our lower-priced (or overpriced, as the case may be), lower-quality competitors would also be running the fastest hardware, to save money; clearly, this isn't the case. Faster systems actually often draw far more power than their speed justifies, and their much-higher up-front cost usually more than compensates for power savings when a new design comes out that does save power.

Most importantly to us, and our main reason for choosing them, is that faster machines have a higher CPU "ceiling". That is, not only can they handle many game servers, but they can also better withstand sudden spikes in usage on a particular server or set of servers, especially in the case of dual-CPU, dual-core systems. This makes for smoother, more consistent gameplay and less of a need for load-balancing between machines.

In our case, faster hardware also means faster hard drives, which decrease level load times and make server creations, moves, and file synchronization operations quicker.

And fewer machines means less time spent ordering, building, and shipping new hardware, as well as installing new drivers and patches, which we pass on to customers through better response times to support requests.
Well I havent found anyone as good as NFo yet but there support just keeps bringing me back I like to see them at work :).
chris686
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chris686 »

<I> Our reputation is heavily founded on performance, service and support, not just price Wink.</I>

Amen.