Automated HLTV?

Geist
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Automated HLTV?

Post by Geist »

Is there a way I can set up something in my lo3 script to automatically have my HLTV start recording?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

The gameserver cannot connect to the HLTV server remotely via rcon (ie rcon_address). If it could, then some commands in the lo3.cfg would work.

However, if you were to setup a rcon lo3.cfg or other name.cfg, that you execute locally (exec lo3.cfg, not rcon exec lo3.cfg), that could work.

Just make sure you have rcon in front of the commands/cvars and make sure the rcon_address, rcon_port, rcon_password is all spaced out with sufficient waits inbetween.

Basically you want something like this:

rcon_address hltvip
waits
rcon_port 27020
waits
rcon_password hltvadminpass
waits
rcon record geist
waits
rcon_address gameserverip
waits
rcon_port 27015
waits
rcon_password gameserverpass
waits
rcon exec lo3.cfg

In this basic setup, its running all the rcon commands locally through the config, then going to execute the normal lo3.cfg on your gameserver.

We also have some configs on our file site, hltvrecord and hltvstoprecord. You can use these configs as a starting point for your own. I would recomend testing it and seeing if you need more waits and possibly add the rcon exec lo3.cfg to the end of hltvrecord.cfg. That should streamline things on the gameserver, assuming you have exec cal.cfg inside your lo3.cfg.

You might also want to look into the HLTV tool thats on there. It is very easy to use and you can set hot keys to use when ingame to record and stop the demo recording. For example, I use SHIFT+F11 to record, SHIFT+F12 to stop.
-Nick