vac on CSS servers

Jerky
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

vac on CSS servers

Post by Jerky »

Each day, it is a crap shoot whether or not my servers are running VAC. Has steam addressed this issue at all, or is there anything that you guys (NFO) can do to make sure that the servers have vac on them, such as restarting again and again until VAC is loaded. I don't want to restart them in the middle of the day when they are filled.

Thanks
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

STEAM knows this issue exists, but are not doing anything in the immediate future to rectify it.
The re-launch of the STEAM-friends system is the cause. They keep making updates and upgrades to that system, and when they do, it means the system has to be reloaded. Apparently, these systems are the same systems that control the VAC2 service, so whenever these updates are applied, VAC2 goes byebye.

There isn't anything NFo could do to get VAC2 running, besides restarting it a bunch of times like you said. It would be very touch and go though, since it seems like VAC2 can go off at any time, regardless of whether your server has players in it.
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

I wouldn't worry to much about it since VAC2 barely works anyway cheats and hacks are probably piled up to disable it by now.