Hosting Question :)

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
kmal2t
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hosting Question :)

Post by kmal2t »

I e-mailed you guys but didn't get a response =\ so I'll redo it here.

Me and my friend are looking to get a server. So far this is the only company I've seen with fast, helpful customer service (I guess you must have lost my e-mail?), no significant complaints about it, good hosting locations, and no shady business strings attatched. That being said would you guys PLEASE host the HL mod Vampire Slayer (http://www.vsmod.com) for a server. Before you say no here are some important things to know about it: The game is poor quality and would use like HALF the bandwidth of a cs, dod, or tfc server, it has NO sprite lag graphics such as grenade explosions, has low quality maps/models, and its probably on par with a game like the mod Pirates Vikings and Knights and most people can play it on an integrated graphics card and not even drop below 60 fps ever. It wouldn't take up any room. Just a 12 man server probably with Ping Accelerator.

That brings me to my next question. If you were so generous as to allow this, would the standard click be 66 and Ping accelerator it would be 100? Let me know please. Thanks

-Matt
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

For someone reason I can't edit my post so sorry for the double post.

ALSO, the game has been around and had a loyal community for FIVE years. It's a small community but loyal so the mod wouldn't be going anywhere and if we like your company would probably be using it for a long time. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Hosting Question :)

Post by Edge100x »

kmal2t wrote:I e-mailed you guys but didn't get a response =\
Are you having difficulty with your email system currently? We respond to all emails we receive. ;)
would you guys PLEASE host the HL mod Vampire Slayer (http://www.vsmod.com) for a server.
We could look into it. We have been very busy lately, though, so we don't have too much time available for adding new game types. You should email us about this so that we will remember to do it when we have a spare moment.
If you were so generous as to allow this, would the standard click be 66 and Ping accelerator it would be 100?
HL1 servers run at about 64 FPS by default and about 250 FPS when accelerated.
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

I emailed you guys at rentals@nuclearfallout.net on Thursday night this week. You may have gotten it, but I'm just going to repost it here to be sure you get it as soon as possible.

I'm ready to do the hosting after having spent a week to set up all the files I'm going to use.

Here's a link to the mainsite:

http://www.vsmod.com

That doesn't really do it justice so below is a really fast download link for it that's like 500kb/s. It looks like it's 130MB, but in actually 127 of that MB is from the maps folder. You could actually delete that folder since I'll be hosting the map files on our F.TP. That'd make it only a measly 3MB on your system. Here's that d/l link:

http://www.tornminds.org/vs/versions/vs6full.exe

If you want to try it out the game's most active times are between 8AM and 9:30PM. Afternoons to Evening are the most busy. I should warn you that once you start getting into VS it'll hook you and you'll never be able to leave it for good :)

I'm assuming it will be the same price set as the other HL mods. For right now I'd like it as a 10 man, Denver server with AMXX ($27.99 right?). Hopefully by next month I'll have enough contributers to upgrade it to my preffered choice of a 12-14 man ping accelerated server. (Btw can I just pre-request the ticket for the free 66 click upgrade here?) I already did an order request with the above specifications for a TFC server. Should I order that and then you guys will set up the server as VS? Lemme know cuz I'm Pay Pal verified and ready to order the server a.s.a.p

And on behalf of the VS community we thank you in advance for helping to keep our game alive. ;)

-Kmart
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

Hello?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

It will take some time for us to experiment with the mod. We have been really busy performing maintenance on our webservers and routers, so many of these little things were neglected for the time being.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's easy to miss this if it's not in email.

What email provider are you using?
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

hotmail. I could give you my gmail but please do not use it for any promotion or other type mailings other than you personally emailing me about stuff.

(email)

Setting up the mod would actually be easy. Since no one else would be using the mod there would be no need to have it on your system set up for file sharing. You could just install it and put the VS folder directly into the FTP and since I already know how to do a dedicated server, I could do the rest of setting up maps/plugins and such. And it would still be well under the 2gig storage limit. :)
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When we add support for a game, we always add full support. It usually doesn't take much extra effort over setting up a single install.

Hopefully you'll get my email.