can't change map using admin_map it say's bad map name

-=DOA=-zemis
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

can't change map using admin_map it say's bad map name

Post by -=DOA=-zemis »

could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong I just got this server couple days ago so I'm such a NOOOB
James05
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

ok

Post by James05 »

yea ill help you.. well for one, to change a map you have to have the map uploaded on your server. if you are using aol or netscape navigator, and you access your FTP it wont let you paste the maps into the directory they need to be in. So, i suggest you use IE (Internet Explorer) and go to rentals.nuclearfallout.net and then go to your control panel. then click file manager, then after you see the browse or upload a file, youll see a link under it that says you can access your FTP by clicking this link (or something like that) then when you do that, on the main page, youll see a little folder called "maps" with no maps in it, thats because all the default maps dont need to be shown, all custom maps like scoutzknivez or de_aztec2 and things like that need to be personally uploaded. So, open up your cs maps directory C:Sierra\Counter Strike\Cstrike\Maps or C:Sierra\Half Life\Cstrike\Maps. then in the maps folder, copy all the maps you want on your server, and then go into the FTP, maps folder and paste them there. then you can go to your server and say admin_map mindmaze or whatever the map name is! i had the same problem to, dont worry :lol:
-=DOA=-zemis
New to forums
New to forums

sweet

Post by -=DOA=-zemis »

sweet thanks gunna check that out
imati0n
Staff
Staff

Post by imati0n »

If you need anymore help stop by #nfo-support on gamesnet and we will help you live to fix your problem :)

Regards,
imati0n.
NFo Volunteer Helper.
-=DOA=-zemis
New to forums
New to forums

I uploaded the maps to server but still get bad map name

Post by -=DOA=-zemis »

1. do I need the read file for the maps that I upload also?
James05
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

nop

Post by James05 »

no :D
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

please look in teh FAQ
Q: I can't admin_map to a map that I know is on the server! What gives?
A: Edit adminmod.cfg and make sure maps_file is set to 0.