CSS server random lockup on map change.

hippyWedBetter
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CSS server random lockup on map change.

Post by hippyWedBetter »

The server will lockup about once a day on a map change, doesn't matter the map. For clients the progress bar won't change at all for the level change and the server is auto rebooted 15 minutes later by NFO's awesome automated system.

Here is a list of the mods that are running:
Mani Admin v1.2S via meta mod
Meta Mod source 1.4.2.414
Eventscripts 2.0.0.244
Sourcemod 1.0.0.1883
ES Tools 4.18d
Glittermod 1.3.0.14

We have various plugins running that have been deemed "stable" by reviewing the forum posts for each one (but that doesn't mean anything). You can view our setup via HLSW at 66.150.155.52:27015.

I've disabled Mani, Glittermod and ES Tools each independently but the lockups continued. Before I disable Eventscripts and Sourcemod which controls our bans and language filter I would like to know if anybody has had a similar experience.

The server logs don't say anything specific, the sourcemod logs gave some errors on some plugins but those have been removed. I can't figure out how to get detailed logs on the mattie scripts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has made finalizing this server and moving on to the next impossible.

Thanks,

hippy
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: CSS server random lockup on map change.

Post by Nick|NFo »

Is it happening on a specific map its changing to? Is it always the same map? Is it random? Is there some pattern?
-Nick
hippyWedBetter
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hippyWedBetter »

There has been no specific map that causes it, no pattern. Don't you just love randomness that happens only once or twice every 24hrs? The only sure thing is that it occurs during the map change. Don't loose to much sleep over it. I'll begin removing all plugins and mods 1 by 1 until I determine that it was the mirror that I broke 6.79 years ago.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I found a couple of .mdmp files (server-generated crash dumps) in your main server directory folder and I moved them to the root folder of your FTP. Analyzing these should give us a better idea of where the crashes are happening. Nick is our resident expert on that and hopefully he'll have some time to look at them soon.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

I was unable to get anything from the minidump, as it didn't originate from a specific binary.
This last minidump was from 12/31, so no minidumps had been created since then.

Let us know when it happens again and we can look to see if the server created another minidump. Thanks.
-Nick
hippyWedBetter
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hippyWedBetter »

It happened again today. Have removed ES Tools and the plugins that depended on it so that's not it.

Automatic remote restart
Jan 04 2008 04:00:40 PM PT

One other thing that has shown up starting 2 days ago is "Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket" when people try to connect. It just started again @ 7:20pm Pacific. I have to reboot the server before anybody can join. Can a plugin cause this as well?

For the server lockups on map change, unless it shows in the logs, or you find some sort of hardware problem with the server I think I'm stuck to removing addons one by one.

Thanks,

hippy
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've not seen the Steam ticket error caused by plugins before, just by Steam servers being down, but theoretically it is possible.
hippyWedBetter
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hippyWedBetter »

The server lockup on map change was due to a plugin that was running. The author has since then fixed it so I will not name it as it is no longer an issue.

The steam ID issue has gone away as well.

Thanks,

hippy
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm glad to hear it was resolved :)