Mistakes!

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
miked
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mistakes!

Post by miked »

I have a NFO 32 man server and fucking loved it! we have rented servers from gamerservers.com, counter-strike.com, and NFO.com. i recently made the mistake of renting a dedicated server threw counter-strike.com, where i open up 4 servers with 100% the same mods i had on my NFO server. and than took 2 servers off due to lag boosted FPS to 550. now with one 32 man servers with the same mods as my NFO one i get lag...and counter-strike.com says its my scripts making the lag. when its the same thing on my NFO server with less FPS same tick. and runs with almost no lag.....than i tell them no its not my scripts its the same thing i ran on my old server and it worked perfectly fine. so they tell me its the OS they run and that the scripts run differently on different OS....well i say bullshit, NFO just has better server and they're not willing to admit to it. or bandwith. thanks NFO for making a dedicated server program for me to come back to =) well soo to be up dedicated server program! athough the one thing counter-strike.com has on NFO is cheaper prices. but you get what you pay for.
miked
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Mistakes!

Post by miked »

even more reason to stick with NFO.net! is counter-strike.com rents servers to people who clearly paid for seattle. now thinking we were stupid kids with moms credit card was a very bad choice for them.

Pete who is in charge of c-s.com told me he gave me a dedicated server in seattle 2.4 duel core with 2 gig of ram. however the server was actualy in chicago. after a month of fighting with him i got this e-mail from his own tech support saying this.

"On 2/3/2008 12:50:50 AM George wrote:
Your server was setup on the 3rd and you have had it for a full month now. Your invoice is due and you haven't paid it. If you would like your server re-activated you will need to pay this invoice. You can do this by logging into http://www.counter-strike.com/billing. As for your problems you were experiencing, we were not able to replicate any of the issues you indicated. We have many dedicated server customer and several in the same data center (Chicago), and none of them are having any issues of any type including those that you have described. Not to mention all of our normal customers are also in the Chicago area are in the same data center. Now I am not sure why you wanted to be here when you are in Cali, but I guess that will remain a mystery as long as you let it. Let us know if you need any assistance paying your invoice.

George "

now the main guy at counter-strike.com is trying to cover his ass and wrote me this

"David,

George can not know where your server was located. Your server has been taken down and is offline. It’s impossible for him to know what location that your server was in now because it’s no longer available. I have no idea why he assumed it was in Chicago, but he was wrong. I confirmed with you multiple times that it was located in Seattle and it was. I know the account better than he does and I looked at the location when it was online, which he can not do since it’s not online anymore. I will have him confirm his mistake for you when he gets in later today. You can confirm yourself that the server is no longer running and you can not connect to it.

Thanks,

Pete Gilcrease
Counter-Strike Game Servers
pete@counter-strike.com
http://www.counter-strike.com"

well i say bullshit! NFO by far is the best GSP out thier and you would never expect this from NFO. and if it did happen NFO would go above and beyond to help you out until your problem was solved. thanks NFO and support team who will go above and beyond to help. as for counter-strike.com fuck you, i cant wait to meet up with BBB.
alice
New to forums
New to forums

Post by alice »

I've had my Ventrilo server for well over a year now and have had little to no downtime since it's original purchase date. My questions are always responded to quickly, and unlike the game that I use my server for (WoW),
70-648 and 70-649 so much helpful in 70-652 and 70-653
Detox
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Detox »

Yeah counter-strike.com is pretty bad used them about a year ago and server would not even start and they had no idea what the problem was and eventually they said it was my addons (taken directly from a working server and put on there machine) making it not start.
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

I don't know anyone who would order a dedicated server from counter-strike.com... or any of the Game Data inc subsidiaries. Anyone can eat their low amount of bandwidth up in a little less than a week, and the resources available for such high prices are ridiculous. This is something I actually talked to John about when I saw they were still using Athlons for game servers. I lol'd.

I stick with NFo because of the flexibility with ordering a VDS. Personally, that's what I think you should order for this situation. They're fast, they're totally supported and every question you direct towards even the small support staff NFo has, they get it answered and quickly. :)

P.S. as a side rant, the main retarded thing I have against counter-strike.com is how they react to billing topics. Lets say you upgrade from a 22 Slot CSS to a 24 Slot CSS. That's another $3 for the month. "You now have an outstanding balance of $3 in unpaid fees" how the hell is $3 outstanding? The tax deficit in the Us is what you call outstanding.