New Punkbuster Install

SgtMajFord
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New Punkbuster Install

Post by SgtMajFord »

I have a exe file I have uploaded to the server via FTP. I need to stall this file on the server to get a version of punkbuster installed on that COD 4 Server hosted by you. How do I execute the file and run through the wizard to setup the program?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: New Punkbuster Install

Post by Nick|NFo »

You can not run any executable on the server for security reasons.

PB should automatically update and every server comes with it installed already. What is the reason for working with PB? Is it outdated? Is it not enabled? What is the issue you started working with it? It would be best if you contact us on live chat on the control panel for live direct assistance.
-Nick
SgtMajFord
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SgtMajFord »

The best way to explain is to provide you with the PDF file for the installment.

This is suppose to be an addition to the current PB system to further catch and ban cheaters. The Senior Admin wanted me to install this on the server.
SgtMajFord
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SgtMajFord »

oh, pdf files aren't allowed. Hmm I'll try this....
Attachments
Image2.jpg
(108.27 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Image1.jpg
(167.75 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That appears to be something that only clients would have to run. The server itself does not need to be checked for cheats and all it does is some simple bookkeeping to make sure that clients are making their checks.
|RIP|Highlander
New to forums
New to forums

Post by |RIP|Highlander »

I am Highlander I am the one who is renting the COD4 server 72.5.102.244:28930 from you guys .This is NOT a Punk Buster install or upgrade.here is the url to the program . Can you please have a look at it so that you can get a better understanding of what my friend Sgt.Maj.Ford is asking . http://www.pbbans.com/aboutus.php This is a fantastic anti cheat program that actually works .Your firm should be really impressed with it .. As you know Puck Buster dose not and can not keep up with all of the new cheats that keep popping up out there and this company dose ..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The PBBans product just serves as a shared database of players banned by PB. The PBBans install guide does not indicate that it requires a special executable, so you should be able to install it without a special setup on our end: http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=hubguide