Just some starting questions=)

lejpjj
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Just some starting questions=)

Post by lejpjj »

Hi. I want some changes on my server, that I am not sure how to:

1. I want to change the motd, the picture thingy appearing as soon as you have connected to the server.
2. I need to know how I talk "green", so I can tell people to follow the rules if they break them etc. The "green" chat will be seen by everyone.
3. I want a welcome message on my server, that says something like 'Welcome! Please follow our rules. Have a great time!'. And if possible, It would be great to have a box appearing when u join aying a little about the rules, and on it you have an option (press 1. to accept the rules, 2. to not accept the rules.) and if he/she does not accept the rules, the person will be kicked. :wink:

rly need all help I can get!

-[B@s!c] :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Just some starting questions=)

Post by Edge100x »

Hello lejpjj. If you're who I think you are, you've already asked these questions through Live chat, but I'll try to answer them again here for others who might need them :). These answers will pertain to a CS:S server.
lejpjj wrote:1. I want to change the motd, the picture thingy appearing as soon as you have connected to the server.
The motd.txt file is where you can set this. You'll see it as "./motd.txt" through our "File manager" page or through the FTP as "motd.txt" in your "cstrike" folder. The file can have one of two formats:

1. Straight HTML code.
2. A single line that links to a webpage. For instance "http://yourwebsite.nuclearfallout.net/motd.html".

Of the two, the second is the more flexible solution, because it allows you to specify a larger file.
2. I need to know how I talk "green", so I can tell people to follow the rules if they break them etc. The "green" chat will be seen by everyone.
You can use "rcon say" to show text in the server without a plugin, but it will not be green. For green text, you'll need to use the admin chat option of a plugin such as "mani mod". We have an installer for this plugin on our Easy setup page.

Generally we don't recommend using mani any more since it's rather buggy and no longer supported. It would take a little more work, but a better solution would be to use Sourcemod (which we also have an installer for) and a modified base plugin that makes text green. This thread on the Sourcemod forums talks about that option in more depth: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=82409
3. I want a welcome message on my server, that says something like 'Welcome! Please follow our rules. Have a great time!'. And if possible, It would be great to have a box appearing when u join aying a little about the rules, and on it you have an option (press 1. to accept the rules, 2. to not accept the rules.) and if he/she does not accept the rules, the person will be kicked. :wink:
That would have to be provided through a plugin as well. One that looks like it might work would be this: http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/es_readrules, but it would require the installation of a plugin system called EventScripts first. Another good place to find or request such a plugin would be the Sourcemod forums: https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52; plugins from this site would require Sourcemod.
lejpjj
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lejpjj »

Yeah I did ask about the motd I think, but not any of the others. I thought I knew what to do but I did something wrong, so to not spam the Live chat I posted this instead, with some other questions.
lejpjj
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lejpjj »

And btw, It doesnt matter if I have mani mod installed when Im using sourcemod? I have both, and theres quite a few manimod's to delete so if you dont have to or if theres an easier way to delete it please let me know. ;)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd recommend choosing one or the other since their functions overlap and you will see higher performance with just one. Of the two, I prefer Sourcemod since it's still being developed, is less buggy, runs a bit faster, has tons of plugins available, etc.

But, running both probably won't kill you. Just look to that first if you have a problem that doesn't have an obvious cause.
lejpjj
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lejpjj »

ok. so i delete the mani mod settings one after one, then?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you'd like to remove mani, the easiest way would be just to not load it -- removing its .vdf file in addons/metamod would do this. For further help with this, please contact us through Live chat.