Pre-Sales Question

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
abcclanadmin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Pre-Sales Question

Post by abcclanadmin »

Hello! I am in the market for a dedicated server, but had a few questions first before I decide who to go with. Generally, how long does it take for you to get a server ready for use? On the order page it says 2 to 9 business days. Is it usually closer to 2 or 9? How large is your support team? Is it more than 1 person? Less than 5? What hours is the support team available? Weekends also?

Here's the deal. We are a new clan and are just getting ready to get our servers setup. We ordered one through another company, who will remain nameless, about a week ago. We went for 4 days before we even heard from anybody. Then we got an excuse of had a family emergency, was gone for a few days. Should have you up and running by tomorrow. Well that was 3 days ago and still no word. Emails have gone unanswered, PMs ignored, and no phone number is available either. We're beginning to get really concerned as to what is going on. It seems as though there is only 1 person in this company who knows how to do anything or is reachable. My point is that if we decide to jump ship, I want to make sure that you all won't run and hide once you get our money, or that someone will be available for contact and at least answer emails with regular status updates. We've already spent a good deal of money, waited a week and have nothing to show for it. And this was from a supposedly reputable company. We need to get up and running ASAP.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you!

=ABC= Gaming Community
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Pre-Sales Question

Post by Edge100x »

abcclanadmin wrote:Hello! I am in the market for a dedicated server, but had a few questions first before I decide who to go with. Generally, how long does it take for you to get a server ready for use? On the order page it says 2 to 9 business days. Is it usually closer to 2 or 9?
This depends on the location that is ordered and what is ordered (whether we have it in stock at that location). For a more specific estimate at any given time for a given configuration, please shoot me an email at support@nfoservers.com.
How large is your support team? Is it more than 1 person? Less than 5?
These are our current team members: http://www.nfoservers.com/staff.php
What hours is the support team available? Weekends also?
The software for dedicated servers are supported through this forum. For hardware-related issues, we're extremely easy to contact us at just about any time, any day of the week, apart from 1-9am or so, PDT. Hardware-related issues are extremely rare.
Here's the deal. We are a new clan and are just getting ready to get our servers setup. We ordered one through another company, who will remain nameless, about a week ago. We went for 4 days before we even heard from anybody. Then we got an excuse of had a family emergency, was gone for a few days. Should have you up and running by tomorrow. Well that was 3 days ago and still no word. Emails have gone unanswered, PMs ignored, and no phone number is available either. We're beginning to get really concerned as to what is going on.
I am very sorry to hear that! I hope he is ok.
It seems as though there is only 1 person in this company who knows how to do anything or is reachable. My point is that if we decide to jump ship, I want to make sure that you all won't run and hide once you get our money, or that someone will be available for contact and at least answer emails with regular status updates. We've already spent a good deal of money, waited a week and have nothing to show for it. And this was from a supposedly reputable company. We need to get up and running ASAP.
All GSPs are very small companies, but we're one of the oldest and largest ones. We are very proud of the high support levels that we offer and you won't ever have a problem like that here.