Win2k3 Question.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
RichieCropper
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Win2k3 Question.

Post by RichieCropper »

Hey guys, I just purchased a VPS server and I am having a problem. It is saying that I have the maximum # of connections I can to the server. Only myself and the person who set it up has the information to log in. Yesterday we both were logged on at the same time. Does this mean I am only allowed to login a certain amount of times per day or are to many users connected? And what is the amount of max users able to connect?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Win2k3 Question.

Post by Edge100x »

If this is in remote desktop, then you're running into the default Terminal Services limit of two simultaneously logged in users at once. To connect, you would need to free up an existing connection (either by reconnecting to one of the existing desktops and logging off, or by forcibly logging another session off through the Windows Task Manager).

The default licensing scheme also only allows one registered user account to be established on the machine (generally "Administrator"). If you need to support more unique users than this, please email us so we can quote you how much Microsoft would charge us for your desired number.
RichieCropper
New to forums
New to forums

Post by RichieCropper »

The only thing is I can't get on to see who is on there to force them off via task manager, and I cannot get on myself. Like it won't let me on through my laptop or desktop and I am positive I am logged off in both of them.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Could you try logging in with VNC? Since that replicates sitting in front of the machine, the OS may let you boot someone else off that way.

Rebooting would also force all users off, but I wouldn't recommend it except as a last resort.
DontWannaName
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by DontWannaName »

Have you tried this command in run on your computer with your own ip in there?

mstsc /v:YOUR-IP /f -console