cod4 host

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
hijack
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

cod4 host

Post by hijack »

Something's up. every server put up says cod4 host. no rcon control either.

Bob
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: cod4 host

Post by Edge100x »

We don't have a prewritten guide to setting up CoD4 servers yet, so I'll do my best to address this without one.

Before starting your server, you'll need to edit the "C:\Game installs\cod4base\main\server.cfg" file. This is where you can set the rcon password, server name, and so on. Then, to start the server, create and run a shortcut with this command line:

Code: Select all

"c:\game installs\cod4base\iw3mp.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +set ui_maxclients yy +set sv_maxclients yy +exec ./server.cfg +map_rotate"
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx should be the IP address that you need the server to run on, and yy is the maxplayers you'd like to use.
hijack
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hijack »

You forgot the port. It's a VDS . I had to reinstall OS due to an odd Xen bug.Then John did a reboot
I set everything back the way it was before & now its a total failure.

I was running 28960,28940, 28930. It worked just fine till the new reinstall.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For the basic command line used for testing, I was leaving out the port part, yes. Until you get one server running the way you want it to, I don't recommend setting the port.

Fundamentally, if your game server doesn't have the right name or respond correctly, something is wrong in its configuration. In this case, that means something must be different about it now than before. Are you absolutely sure that you're running the same configs?
hijack
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hijack »

Thanks, It worked your way, strange, cause I had it different & it worked.

Bob
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For anybody reading this later, to set the port, you'd add this to your CoD4 command line:

Code: Select all

+set net_port xxxxx
Where xxxxx is the port; the default is 28960.