Enabling multiple RDP connections - help

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Enabling multiple RDP connections - help

Post by rlm850 »

I can't remember and I can't look right now.. ice cream is melting and I'm working on something :P

I know it's somewhere in server manager, but I don't remember where.
It's just an option to allow multiple connections via RDP, so if there's more than one user account, each one can login individually without having the other one get booted off.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Enabling multiple RDP connections - help

Post by Edge100x »

This is a little complicated -- you have to install the Terminal Server and Terminal Server Licensing Windows components, then set up the licensing server to do per-user licensing. Microsoft charges extra for every terminal server license you use as well (separate from the normal Win2k3 server licensing), so you'll also have to shoot us an email letting us know how many you need, and we can pass on that amount to you.

If you just need others to be able to access the machine to adjust servers, I'd recommend using an FTP server such as FileZilla instead -- it's a bit simpler and lower-cost.
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

Really? I did not know this, on my old box the support agent did it without my permission which actually ticked me off being we ran into.. a SHIT load of problems from more than one person being connected. He didn't say anything about a charge, but alright, not going to say you're lying :P

I already have Filezillas FTP server up and running, that was the first thing I did when I had to transfer some stuff from my computer to the server haha

<3 my VPS, <3 NFo
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

arf seems I can't edit my post haha
but anyway, the main reason I wanted to enable multiple RDPs was so someone I give two servers to can change the starting map/cmd restart/start/stop at their own will. But it's alright, I'll figure something out.