next availability of vds

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

next availability of vds

Post by WackyIraqi »

I'm wanting to order a VDS (preferably in Dallas) but you guys seem to be out currently. How long until you are able to get another server up?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: next availability of vds

Post by Edge100x »

Right now we are looking at 1-2 weeks for a large amount of new slots. Individual slots may open up between now and then due to customer reconfigurations; if you contact us directly (https://www.nfoservers.com/contactus.php), I can put you on a wait list and let you now as soon as a slot opens up.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Come on Seattle! :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have a couple of slots open in NYC today due to a server move/cancellation, but they won't last long.

The new hardware for additional machines in Chicago and Dallas has been on order since last week, but the manufacturer is currently running behind schedule on production. I still expect more capacity to become available next week, but I don't have a better estimate right now. (As soon as I get the hardware, I'll configure it and ship it to the DC.)
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

I just happened to check the site 30 minutes ago and noticed a slot in NYC open up so I decided to pick it up and my server is currently being configured :). Whenever Dallas has open slots I'd like for it to be moved over though. Currently I'm pinging 52ms to your NYC servers, but the 20ms ping sounds a heck of a lot nicer. :lol:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:). The move will not be a problem -- it will just require a bit of downtime as we copy all the files between the locations, and your IP will also need to be adjusted.

I expect to have a couple of slots available in Dallas on March 2nd, in addition to the ones that I'll be bringing on-line later.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Yay for more VPS servers. Still patiently waiting on some Seattle. Can't wait for the expansion! VPS's seem to becoming more and more popular. It's a lot more affordable, just requires a little more work.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

Yeah with more cores added to processors it makes a lot of sense. Now if only game companies would support dedicated servers (mw2)
Its a Dirty Job