Is it just me?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Johnny »

=DPG= wrote:
Johnny wrote:Man, one problem after another for EA's botched relase of Bad Company. Are other servers having problems keeping people in game? I can't tell you how many people have attempted to join our server, only to exit quickly. I also have had the same problem. I was under the impression that Dice/EA put out a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

These NFO servers are so nice, it's a shame that I can't seem to enjoy them thanks to this mess. Anyone have any tricks/tips that have worked? Is punkbuster creating problems?

So very frustrated...I just don't think this game should have been released. I have been gaming now for almost 20 years and this rivals some of the worst experiences I have bad.

We are still having these issues daily we know its not anything on NFO end . Yesterday we had 3 dumps of 32 players in less than a 24 hour period is anyone else still getting this frequency in player dumps? daily? I beleive i have pestered the support department enough and maybe someone has some advice here
ive heard that changing the map rotation can help too/?
any help would be greatly appreciated

I feel your pain my friend, I really do. We have been having player dumps randomly over the last week. It was the worst yesterday with the PB debacle. Fortunately, the guys at NFO and other friendly admins that are hosted by NFO have walked me through the fire. Did you manually update PB (if you are running a ranked server) then restart the server? That is what fixed my problem.

What game type are you running? Are the maps for your gametypes the right ones and in your folder? I had that problem early on. I changed the game mode and forgot to add the correct maps for that game mode....smart, I know.

Although not adept yet, I am working on it.

I am running: Regular mode, conquest currently.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

yes my server is getting dump quite a bit. It really stings when its full 32/32 at 3-5am and BOOM everyone gone.

Tar and Feather EA/DICE!!!!!
=DPG=
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =DPG= »

Johnny wrote:
=DPG= wrote:
Johnny wrote:Man, one problem after another for EA's botched relase of Bad Company. Are other servers having problems keeping people in game? I can't tell you how many people have attempted to join our server, only to exit quickly. I also have had the same problem. I was under the impression that Dice/EA put out a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

These NFO servers are so nice, it's a shame that I can't seem to enjoy them thanks to this mess. Anyone have any tricks/tips that have worked? Is punkbuster creating problems?

So very frustrated...I just don't think this game should have been released. I have been gaming now for almost 20 years and this rivals some of the worst experiences I have bad.

We are still having these issues daily we know its not anything on NFO end . Yesterday we had 3 dumps of 32 players in less than a 24 hour period is anyone else still getting this frequency in player dumps? daily? I beleive i have pestered the support department enough and maybe someone has some advice here
ive heard that changing the map rotation can help too/?
any help would be greatly appreciated

I feel your pain my friend, I really do. We have been having player dumps randomly over the last week. It was the worst yesterday with the PB debacle. Fortunately, the guys at NFO and other friendly admins that are hosted by NFO have walked me through the fire. Did you manually update PB (if you are running a ranked server) then restart the server? That is what fixed my problem.

What game type are you running? Are the maps for your gametypes the right ones and in your folder? I had that problem early on. I changed the game mode and forgot to add the correct maps for that game mode....smart, I know.

Although not adept yet, I am working on it.

I am running: Regular mode, conquest currently.

Thanks for the response good to know we are not alone,I have to agree with you about NFO support they have been great! but all the extra info we can get together on this might be beneficial to us all .I have not manually updated pb is this a d/l or is there an option in my game panel?

My maps are the correct maps

We have 2 servers here one HC and one regular mode both conquest at 32 slots

I really appreciate the help:)

I hope EA has learned something here especially with the release of MOH coming in the fall hopefully they are more prepared

cheers
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

PB INIT failure problems still seem to be cropping up quite a bit, as well as server crash issues. These are common themes in RSP communications with DICE right now and they say that both are being looked into.

The only game variables we control on our end are the ones you see on the "Easy setup" page. If your server is crashing a lot, you might try changing some of these, such as by clearing the banner and server description and setting a very simple name -- I know that odd banner URLs can cause client crashes, and it's possible that there might be server crashes from them as well. Beyond that, there's not too much we can try right now.

Some crashes also are actually mass client kicks due to the EA back-end going down. This has been happening at least once or twice a day now and leads to all players, everywhere, getting knocked out of the game.
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

As for the mass player dumps/kicks, yes we have been subjected to that several times over the last week, with yesterday being the worst. I tell the players its not our provider its EA. As for EA learning a lesson, I can answer that, nope. This has happened with EVERY release of a Battlefield game. The least painful was 2142.
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

After updating both client and server manually, I am able to stay in the game. I think the problem is that most of the player base still does not know it needs to update PB. The streaming message at the bottom of the in game screen doesn't seem to be helping.

My server has been empty all day today after being full for two straight days. This problem, as Edge mentioned, must be extremely widespread.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We just got word from DICE that they are making PB optional right now, even for ranked servers, due to today's issues. I am going to post this to the "Events log" and update the "Easy setup" page to allow it immediately.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Just wanted to mention again, that I am extremely grateful to be with such an outstanding game host provider. I cannot even imagine being with anyone else. Thanks again for the outstanding support, and the information that is here for us at any hour.

All we can do is pray EA/DICE fixes their problems.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thank you :)
=DPG=
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =DPG= »

Happened to us again last night on the one server dumped 32 players 2 times the other ran fine until about 3 am then dumped everyone as well extremely frusterating to say the least my guys spend so much time trying to fill the servers only to have them crash 6 times in 24 hours for one

I had the servers reinstalled yesterday thinking it might help with all these dissconnects but no luck

I am thankfull to NFO support and im sure they are waiting on a fix as we all are

Has dice hinted at all as to when they may have this issues resolved?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

On the overloaded back-end issue, we were told hopefully it would be fixed yesterday, but it still hasn't been yet. That issue continues to cause mass player drops sometimes.

On the game bugs that lead to crashes, DICE says they're looking into them, but there's no current ETA.
=DPG=
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =DPG= »

Thats the best news ive heard in a while , we just crashed again here and this is getting very old,We appreciate all the help from you guys and id like to add that these servers performance is hands down the best ive seen and we have used a few different GSP over the years,I can not wait until they fix there issues so we can really get to enjoying our NFO servers 8)
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

=DPG= wrote:We appreciate all the help from you guys and id like to add that these servers performance is hands down the best ive seen and we have used a few different GSP over the years

Hear hear! :mrgreen:
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:On the overloaded back-end issue, we were told hopefully it would be fixed yesterday, but it still hasn't been yet. That issue continues to cause mass player drops sometimes.

On the game bugs that lead to crashes, DICE says they're looking into them, but there's no current ETA.

I tried to run ranked with pb off but control panel won't letme do it and it says I must rub pb if I want ranked.
=DPG=
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =DPG= »

Got the R6 patch in yesterday i think it is worse now as our server managed to stay up only an 2 hours before it crashed again this morning ,Are others still seeing this frequency in server crashes?