Console Labels

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Bugen
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Console Labels

Post by Bugen »

I am trying to find a way to change the label of the consoles for srcds. Currently I am running multiple srcds servers and it's a pain in the butt to figure out which one is which when I need to quickly restart one. In all of the threads I found about this people said to make it a service or run some server guardian thing which I do not want to do, so if that is your suggestion please don't post.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Console Labels

Post by Edge100x »

If you're following my guide with the desktop shortcuts at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4107, you can change the window title for the server by changing the "Game server" words to anything else, in the line starting with "cmd.exe".

I would also recommend changing the name of the .exe file for each server before starting them up. This would allow you to easily pick out which is which in the Windows task manager, where you can also stop them.
Bugen
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bugen »

I am actually using a batch script that I got off of srcds.com so that it restarts when it crashes. This is basically what the script looks like:

Code: Select all

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +map de_dust +maxplayers 16
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Bugen wrote:I am actually using a batch script that I got off of srcds.com so that it restarts when it crashes. This is basically what the script looks like:
Modify the line starting with "start" to set the priority of the server and a window title like this:

Code: Select all

start /wait /high "Window title" srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +map de_dust +maxplayers 16
Bugen
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bugen »

It still comes up as Source Dedicated Server :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure on this one, then. I'd have to do some more research and get back to you on it.