Banning an IP Address from the server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Maverick
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Banning an IP Address from the server

Post by Maverick »

I am relatively new at this but I need to ban a single IP from the server to prevent unwanted access by an individual. How would I set up an IP Ban to prevent access.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Banning an IP Address from the server

Post by BrendanG »

Maverick wrote:I am relatively new at this but I need to ban a single IP from the server to prevent unwanted access by an individual. How would I set up an IP Ban to prevent access.

I would love to be able to help. I need to know what game this is for. Unless this is not for a gameserver then the part of the server such as the whole vps or so on. Please let me know and I will try to respond here asap.

Thanks
Brendan
Maverick
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Maverick »

Sorry about that it is a game server for Golden Tee Golf
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

Maverick wrote:Sorry about that it is a game server for Golden Tee Golf
Oh boy. This is not a game I am familiar with... Hopefully we can find an hours though. Please allow me some time to research this. And maybe there is a way to prevent it by the software on the machine instead of the server software. I will try to do some research on this. And maybe someone else out there has the answer already handy.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you're running Windows and you'd like to block a single external IP, I'd recommend installing the ipseccmd.exe utility and running a command like this:

ipseccmd -f "0+xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address you'd like to block.

You could also enable the standard Windows firewall and block the IP that way, but using IPSec is a bit lighter-weight (and temporary by default, so it's easy to undo mistakes, via a reboot).
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

Glad John was able to throw that out there :) the magic man himself.

Best of luck.