BFBC2 Dallas location

Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BFBC2 Dallas location

Post by Sim »

I'm trying to see if other people that have a BFBC2 server in Dallas have players complaining about lag.
I tell people on our forums that complain about lag to run WinMTR program to see where the issue is but most of them are too lazy to do it. They say we go to this other server and we don't have the lag issue and hit registry is better.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BFBC2 Dallas location

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't heard any specific complaints about Dallas, but if the problem is with just some players (and not the whole server at the same time), then it is most likely a routing issue, and I'd very much like to see their traces. Are they complaining of just high pings/poor registration, or also packet loss/skipping/warping?

If they're experiencing high pings because they're far from Dallas, you might consider switching locations. Chicago is a more popular location, so there's a good chance that they're comparing it to servers there.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Most of them are complaining about lag, registration, packet loss/warping. Not every player on the server is complaining. We might end up moving one of our servers to Chicago to see if it will help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

BC2 is very sensitive to packet loss -- even more so than Valve games. If a few people are having packet loss, please have them send me their MTRs, which will help me to pin down where the loss starts: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=4272

If they haven't already done so, I'd also recommend that they restart their cable/DSL routers/modems, as these are a common cause of packet loss issues.