Quick question for managed server and running a source mod

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
twitch
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quick question for managed server and running a source mod

Post by twitch »

I have the managed vds/vps

I want to run this mod Adrenaline Gamer 2 which is a HL2 mod

Here is the page that explains the windows server install.

My question is, what server should I request to be installed so I can then upload my AG2 mod server files and then change command line to -game ag2 ?

Should I just order a CSS server or maybe an AOC server?

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Quick question for managed server and running a source m

Post by Edge100x »

If installing this on an unmanaged VDS, I'd recommend starting with our regular Source install. Then, run these commands:

Code: Select all

cd\game installs
hldsupdatetool -command update -game orangebox -dir sourcebase
Install the AG2 install folder to the c:\game installs\sourcebase\orangebox directory. Edit its configuration files in "cfg" so that its autoexec.cfg loads a map, at minimum, and start the game from the command line as you would a CSS server, but specifying "-game ag2" instead of "-game cstrike".
twitch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by twitch »

Edge100x wrote:If installing this on an unmanaged VDS, I'd recommend starting with our regular Source install. Then, run these commands:

Code: Select all

cd\game installs
hldsupdatetool -command update -game orangebox -dir sourcebase
Install the AG2 install folder to the c:\game installs\sourcebase\orangebox directory. Edit its configuration files in "cfg" so that its autoexec.cfg loads a map, at minimum, and start the game from the command line as you would a CSS server, but specifying "-game ag2" instead of "-game cstrike".
I have a managed VDS :( Should I order a CSS server and just change the command line to -game ag2 ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

With a managed VDS, it would be best to ask us to add support for the game for you, but that would take us a little time. If you need a solution right away, you could create a server based on a different OB mod, such as Project Valkyrie, then upload the "ag2" folder from the distribution, and use the "Managed panel" page to change the command line to specify "-game ag2" instead of "-game 3mm".

You'll also need to either load a map on the command line there, or edit autoexec.cfg to do so.
twitch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by twitch »

Awesome, that helps. I will try the work around for now... but I would absolutely request support for the AG2 mod as well. Do I do that in the help/support area? I want to run two servers for AG2 and I think it would be best with support.
twitch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by twitch »

tried to order project valkrie for managed VDS and said it wouldn't support it. I'd image the files have to be loaded by you guys
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Roger, we'd need to add those for you. Please ask about this using the "Help!" page in your control panel.