MoH Admin Daemon help

Syph
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: MoH Admin Daemon help

Post by Syph »

One issue I have noticed with MOH and the custom map cycler, is when you set it to randomize a map on say combat mission with 2 rounds it will randomize after the 1st round. Therefore, the attackers don't get to defend the same map.

Only way around this now is to set each map up individually.

Also, I have noticed the server still has issues with crashing. So far we have only been able to get continuous play for 2-3hrs before it will crash. Hard to re-test or figure out what is going on as populating servers is a chore. Hopefully DICE addresses this quicker then they did with the whole BC2 launch release..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph wrote:One issue I have noticed with MOH and the custom map cycler, is when you set it to randomize a map on say combat mission with 2 rounds it will randomize after the 1st round. Therefore, the attackers don't get to defend the same map.
Had it been running the mapcycle for a little while already at that point? If you had implemented it immediately before by submitting the "Easy setup" page, that results in a different behavior for the current map.

In a running cycle, it waits until the final round before setting the next map (the same way it does with BC2 -- it's actually the same code), whether it's randomized or not. If the map needs to be chosen randomly, it then branches and chooses it.
Also, I have noticed the server still has issues with crashing. So far we have only been able to get continuous play for 2-3hrs before it will crash. Hard to re-test or figure out what is going on as populating servers is a chore. Hopefully DICE addresses this quicker then they did with the whole BC2 launch release..
Please contact us directly about this and I can pull the logs and dump files and send them to DICE.
Haru
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Haru »

"I changed it before posting the picture.....I am not as dumb as I look.....
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

Haru wrote:"I changed it before posting the picture.....I am not as dumb as I look.....

Lol thanks for the morning laugh Haru. Reading down throw this thread and seeing that was priceless. But I do charge for the chocolate milk on my screen from laughing. ;-) good day all!
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Thanks Edge,

Not sure what exactly it was doing but haven't been able to re populate the server to figure it out :( think it has something to do with modified vs. std.

Does anyone know what makes a server show up as modified vs. standard Hardcore?
Animeniac
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Animeniac »

After reading this. I've had the same problem with ONE of my Clan's 2 MOH servers not awarding Kill Streak perks. Amazingly very FEW people complained about it and it even seemed to make the game play better. All I did to fix it was hit the "Submit Changes" button on the EASY SET UP in the Control panel. Fixed the problem if not immediately then on the next map change. Also my !Yell wasn't working but that's also been explained here for me. Just wanted to say "someone else" was experiencing the same thing.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph, hardcore will be shown if you have hardcore mode on and everything else running to match it, with other settings set to defaults. Modified will be shown if you have changed something important to the server (such as turning on friendly fire), without meeting the criteria of hardcore.