BC2 Server Full - WHY ?

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 Server Full - WHY ?

Post by PowersGaming »

After weeks of nobody playing in our server, all of a sudden it's full. Just odd... I've had all kinds of public servers and never seen such random activity.

Is anybody else having these same experiences ? I wonder if this is a DICE issue ? How do they choose what server their "Connect To" actually connects to ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 Server Full - WHY ?

Post by Edge100x »

DICE/EA has not provided us details on how "Play now" works, apart from the few things that they added in the documentation for R12 (which doesn't apply yet). It's all conjecture right now.

I mentioned in another thread that if one person joins a server, "Play now" tends to have one or more others instantly join them there. If it happens that quite a few others join (which occurs randomly, and probably has a lot to do with how many people are clicking "Play now" at that particular instant), then the server will sort of reach "critical mass" and fill up the rest of the way. "Play now" clearly prefers full servers, so once a server is full, it tends to stay that way for a long time.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Mine was empty quite some time, then about a week ago, it was full for a week straight... now its empty again. It's nuts :S
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

disconnect wrote:Mine was empty quite some time, then about a week ago, it was full for a week straight... now its empty again. It's nuts :S
Agreed... I wish they'd just eliminate "Play Now" and let players choose servers for themselves based on ping. Problem with that tho, is that it's almost impossible to ping BC2 servers and get an accurate reading.
Sepultaris
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Sepultaris »

Mine always seems to fill up when I'm at work and empty out right before i get home :|
Altered
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Altered »

Our server stays pretty consistent. A little action during the day and almost always fills by around 5 central. :mrgreen:
Attachments
of course this is a holiday week but it has stayed pretty normal.
of course this is a holiday week but it has stayed pretty normal.
server stats.JPG (110.76 KiB) Viewed 4525 times