Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Post by Clay52 »

I'm just throwing this out there to see what is to be used here or what is the best app for Crysis 2, will PRoCon work or do we go with some thing more tailored to the Crysis series in general? Thanks in advance.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Post by Clay52 »

I should say, the best 3rd party app besides what is already provided by NFO, God bless them :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I believe that Procon is being developed for Crysis 2, but I don't have any details on that right now. I also don't yet know much about the capabilities of the game as far as remote administration, as there's little documentation on this. But, the "Server control" page here will have a way to send commands to their XML-RPC interface.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Thanks Edge, I see you've since added a knowledgebase section for Crysis 2 and I've printed up those and looking them over now. Procon doesn't seem to work yet obviously so will wait it out to see what community stuff develops, thanks again. Also, game doesn't seem downloadable yet which was my method of purchase but I hear from over at the Steam forums a rep said around 10:30 P.S.T. or so, let's hope soon.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's odd, as it was supposed to be out at 7am PDT. I'm not sure what's delaying it.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:That's odd, as it was supposed to be out at 7am PDT. I'm not sure what's delaying it.
Yeah who knows :evil: it doesn't show in either EADM nor my recent order history at EA store.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

btw Edge, what is the rcon port we'd use here? I'm guessing it's not 48888 as in BC2, thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now we are using 64100 for XML-RPC, though that may change for future installs. We're still experimenting with rcon, as it doesn't work quite as elegantly on the server side.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Right now we are using 64100 for XML-RPC, though that may change for future installs. We're still experimenting with rcon, as it doesn't work quite as elegantly on the server side.
Gotcha, oh btw 2.5 hrs or so as stated here which is the official time :

http://www.ea.com/crysis-2
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Downloading now 8)
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

the only issue right now is the server hangs up, not sure if this is a cry problem or if its a config file fuckup. Also, there is a setting for servers i see as

custom
standard
pro
quick match

what are the differences between these?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

riuthamus wrote:the only issue right now is the server hangs up, not sure if this is a cry problem or if its a config file fuckup. Also, there is a setting for servers i see as

custom
standard
pro
quick match

Look here:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=64
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Clay52 wrote:
riuthamus wrote:the only issue right now is the server hangs up, not sure if this is a cry problem or if its a config file fuckup. Also, there is a setting for servers i see as

custom
standard
pro
quick match

Look here:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=64
That doesnt tell you the difference, it only tells you the modes you can do. I was actually curious as to the setting changes each one did.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I am not sure what all the differences are, honestly. Just from playing, I know that Pro gets rid of the HUD, and that's about it :).
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Edge100x wrote:I am not sure what all the differences are, honestly. Just from playing, I know that Pro gets rid of the HUD, and that's about it :).
Yeah i figured that out last night, but i didnt want to try the others out on our server... yet. I was actually hoping to get a dedicated server box for the game so I could modify with the tweaked settings and make a custom system, non ranked, for the funsies. But that doestn seem like that will happen.