Server Crash In game

riuthamus
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Crash In game

Post by riuthamus »

We get the server full and then it randomly crashes out of no where... when did this happen? The update?
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Re: Server Crash In game

Post by riuthamus »

Is there a command that lets you kill a server?
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Did two things, seems to have fixed:

1) removed all log files, we had like 50 of each
2) changed RCON, possible rcon breach?
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

The patch made things worse imo.
I used the kick command the other day and it emptied our server. Second time it's happened. Since the patch it's a bitch to get players to our server, so I won't be using the kick command anymore, it still doesn't work properly.

I'm at wits end here, on the verge of ditching this game.

I can't believe that EA/Crytek can get away with this crap. It should be illegal.
If I bought a new car and it had to go to the mechanic for the first 5 days I had it and they made it worse........
So why do we have to put up with this crap?
Between the game and my server rental I paid a hundred bucks for something that doesn't work at all like intended. Not to mention the ten bucks worth of painkillers I had to ingest to deal with this......

Complete BS
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by spideranged »

[quote=" changed RCON, possible rcon breach?[/quote]

Its funny you should mention this... :!: I had some issues where all the players would get kicked one after the other but the servewouldn'tnt go down. I would join back up and i would be kicked again... I did this about 5 times and was kicked each time i entered the game... Iwasn'tnt disconnectionio or lost connection error, it was clearly player was kicked form the server message in the logs. changedgd my RCON and ihasn'tnhappenednd since..I'm Im not trying to endorse any conspiracy theories verifyify any social engineering paranoias but its certainly a coincidence you should mention this when I have been having this issue sinyesterdayday morning and it happens sporadically a couple times a day. If only I had some logs of connected ips and RCON commands used...
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by spideranged »

what the hell happend to my post? lol! no edit function? Seems my spelling checker has gone haywire or something...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That is an odd problem. We can't enable the rcon interface here, so the only way to kick people from outside should be through XML-RPC, and our default passwords are not guessable.

Other hosts have complained of servers randomly emptying out with kick messages, and Crytek has said that they are working on investigating that.
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Another theory i had, was too many attempts at RCON, in some cases it might try to stop the person doing that, or close the request but bad code is actually kicking/closing all people. I can verify this later with a test or to, but that would make sense as well. Some asshat comes on trying to use rcon and crashes the server. Exploits like this happen all the time when a quick fix is made for patches and such, just look at HLSW notices and you will see what im talking about. Ill keep you guys posted on what I find.