Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Post by Clay52 »

Edge, I just tried 3.46 beta and it's really buggy where it freezes up and you still cannot see the users. I may opt to drop my servers when time is up until Crytek comes out with a functional Admin tool or 3rd party whichever comes first. Also, cheat protection is abominable, hackers are everywhere and getting worse by the day.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge, I'm successfully connecting to rcon form within the game as per the instructions here:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5211

However, I can't seem to kick myself within the game but can do so outside at the rcon line at "server control" tab. I can bring up "status" and such and it does show me but again can't perform usual actions within the game.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

I should mention that I can type "status" straight up, following connecting to rcon without doing it this way:

rcon_command status

rather I do just:

status

and it does the same thing.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Does the server interpret me as an admin and is why it won't kick me or perform any other action from within? Also "status" doesn't bring up any appropriate info as it does from outside, e.g. player profile, ping, IP etc.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you use just "status", it will do one locally on your client, most likely. You will probably need to use "rcon_command status" every time, and "rcon_command" before all other commands, so that they are executed on the server.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:If you use just "status", it will do one locally on your client, most likely. You will probably need to use "rcon_command status" every time, and "rcon_command" before all other commands, so that they are executed on the server.
no rcon_commad doesn't work that way either I'm afraid. Also once you "connect" to rcon within the game, does it automatically disconnect once you leave or what? How does one "disconnect" from the rcon console?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Yeah this function still is a bit buggy. I have now 8 players in, and went to kick myself once again and it kicked someone else, presumably the next player that came in after me.

rcon_command status doesn't work at all

status just gives the number of players, e.g 8/12 etc. but no player info or list as you'd get by performing this outside the game at the server tab.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

status just gives the "server status", but no "connection status" so there is no rela way to kick or ban unless you alt tab out.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

If I go kick cx 0 though, I get disconnected with a "connection has been lost" msg but it doesn't work with just "kick" and my name, this should be fixed asap hopefully soon.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It does sound buggy then. I haven't had much of a chance to look at it myself. I will pass this on to Crytek.