Interested in purchasing a dedicated server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
josh2721
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Interested in purchasing a dedicated server

Post by josh2721 »

I currently have 8 servers with discountgameservers and I was wondering if it would be possible to move my Chicago servers to a managed Chicago dedicated server?
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Interested in purchasing a dedicated server

Post by BrendanG »

This is not something we normally do. And I am not sure if it is possible. But your best bet is to email support@discountgameservers.com and ask that there. As that would need to behandled on that end. And not through here.

Best of luck.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Yes, you can. If you have FTP to your servers, grab all the essential folders and files and just simply copy them to your machine, then upload to your managed VDS once you get it up. No reason you have to deal with your current host, unless you don't have access to the files. Also, for counter strike, you would essential only need to copy over your addons folder, server.cfg, mapcycle.txt for each server. For other games it will be different, but same thing. Just your addon stuff needs to be moved.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I should add here that if you were wanting to move the IP's over also, that is not possible.
TimeX