Great service and support!

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
TellarHK
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Great service and support!

Post by TellarHK »

Every once in a while the service and support a company gives me seems to leap out above and beyond what I would have expected. This has never happened at Best Buy, but it sure happens here with NFO. Since starting my own TF2 servers a month ago, I've had a few issues crop up either due to my own mistakes or limitations I hit with the game servers I'm running, or malicious DoS attacks from banned players.

Every single time, NFO has been able to respond quickly and reliably. It's gone well enough that I've had multiple players asking me where they could donate to the server, even without my asking them to do it. It's put me in a position where once I get a few additional things done to the server configurations I'll probably even be considering opening up donations a month or two earlier than I ever would have imagined simply because I feel that NFO offers me the opportunity to give players the kind of game experience they really want.

No server host is perfect, and NFO's control panel for managed Virtual Servers isn't flawless, but it works vastly better than I ever would have expected and is even self-repairing when the occasional glitch pops up. The only thing I would change is the process to add a game server to an existing account, but once you figure out how it's supposed to be done, it's a lot easier than I suspect any other company has available.

I write this from the perspective of someone who's worked in information technology most of his life, having even been an IT manager for a small television station during its building and construction phase. I know how operations like this are supposed to be handled, and NFO has hit the mark every time.

I couldn't offer a stronger suggestion for a game server host than this:

If you're not the kind of person that wants to co-locate your own hardware or rent a bare-bones server in your own rack space, NFO is where you need to put your games. If you are that kind of person, NFO is there for you, too.