Trouble Shooting

tumbleweed
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Trouble Shooting

Post by tumbleweed »

As was told to me by john. The first step to trouble shooting is to comment out plugins. Are the plugins he referred to the plugins in meatamod or adminmod? Also if any one is familiar with the newest beta version of hlsw. When you have the graph up and running what do the redlines signify are these connection spikes of some sort?

Thanx

FrankAKATumbleweed
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Most likely the plugins that he is referring to are the plugins in adminmod.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

And yes, in HLSW those yellow or red lines indicate a spike in the server operating. We look at all of the servers on a box to see if the spikes are throughout the entire box. With very few exceptions they are not. The exceptions are when we have a hardware problem and we jump on those problems as fast as we find them.
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

For trouble shooting, i start with METAMOD plugins, and if theres no change, i start doing adminmod / amx plugins. its the best way to zero in on a problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

First disable all metamod plugins. If the problem goes away, reenable them one by one until the problem reappears.

If the plugin that causes the problem to reappear is admin mod or AMX mod, try disabling its plugins one by one. Not all at once as you did with metamod, but the other way around -- start with all enabled and take away one at a time.