windows_jadedserver install guide (fresh server)

Anubis
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

windows_jadedserver install guide (fresh server)

Post by Anubis »

For a fresh server with nothing on it

1. Download windows_jadedserver by clicking that link and save it to your disk.

2. Unzip the file you just downloaded and place it somewhere that its easily accessed so you can upload it using FTP (I like placing my files on my desktop).

3. Open the new folder (most likely it will be windows_jadedserver) and delete the following files from the base directory (they are client side configs and do not need to be on your server).

install instructions and rules (good idea to read this)

jadedclient (this is a client side config and you should put it in your personal CS directory on your machine)

rcon (this is another client side config)

4. Next, open the "cstrike" folder located inside the "windows_jadedserver" folder and delete the following files (you do not need them and they serve no purpose on these servers).

backup.liblist

liblist

Delete the following if you are not in an Invite (i) league.

cali

ugsi

ugsimatch

5. Now open up the "addons" directory and proceed to the "metamod" directory followed by the "dlls" directory (the path should be something like this ---> c:\documents and settings\mark\Desktop\windows_jadedserver\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls ). Now delete the metamod.dll because you do not need it to be loaded on your server (NFo already provides the most current version of mm).

6. Now you are almost ready to begin the upload. However, you must first go back to the ...\windows_jadedserver\cstrike directory (its the directory where the majority of the configs are [ie cal, ugs, lo3] and is the one where you can see the "addons" folder).

While you are in this directory you will select all of the files ( click edit --> Select All or just press Ctrl+A ) and then cut them ( click edit --> Cut or just press Ctrl+X ). With the files cut go back into the base directory ( ...\windows_jadedserver , also the directory where you see the "cstrike" folder ) and paste the files there ( click edit --> Paste or just press Ctrl+V ).

7. You should now be staring at the base folder ( ...\windows_jadedserver ) with the "cstrike" and "addons" folders visible along with some league configs. You will now delete the empty "cstrike" folder.

8. You are now ready to begin uploading jadedserver onto your machine. In my experience it is better to use an actual FTP program rather than the IE 6 FTP. I have had troubles in the past using IE 6's FTP in where not all files are loaded. I recommend using WS_FTP Pro. If you decide to use the IE 6 FTP then please make sure you upload all files from each folder seperately (ie load all the files from the base folder first then open the addons folder and load those files into the addons folder on your machine, so on and so forth).

9. With your choice FTP program open, leave the machine on its base directory (the path is irrelevant at this point). Navigate to where your "windows_jadedserver" folder is and open it. You should now see the "addons" folder and your configs. Select all files and folders from your PC and upload them to your server (using FTP Pro you click each file and folder while holding ctrl until all are highlighted and the you click the right arrow which uploads it, using IE you start the same then you copy all of the folders and paste them into your server folder, you've been warned about IE 6 FTP though).

10. All of your files and folders should now be on your machine. The metamod plugins.ini file should already contain a line telling it to run AMX. Likewise the AMX plugins.ini file should contain a line telling it to run jadedserver. All you need do at this point is restart your machine. Everything should load correctly and you should be able to run all of the configs using rcon commands (please refer to the instructions for information on how to run the configs).

Notes: This guide was for a server that has no mods on it (ie AMX, Adminmod). Please also note that the version of AMX that comes with jadedserver does not allow you to use amx commands and is completely different than a normal AMX mod install. If you need to install jadedserver over the top of current mods then please ask for more assistance and I will gladly post how to do it. Or if you are still in need of assistance please go to #NFo-support via gamesnet on IRC. There are many there who are willing to walk you through the install or, if someone has the time, someone might be willing to install it for you. I would be happy to do it if I am here and not busy. It takes me about five minutes. Thank you and happy fragging!
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

o god thats sexy... nice job and thank you anubis!!