Fast Download problem

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Excel Gamers
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fast Download problem

Post by Excel Gamers »

I have created a fast download server on my VPS for my game server's. I used apache and the made 2 folders, cstrike with a maps folder in it. I then put them in htdocs. I then uploaded my map .bz2 files into the htdocs/cstrike/maps folder. I added the url to my server.cfg, deleted one of the maps from my css folder and tried it out. When downloading it says downloading (map).bsp, why would it be downloading a bsp file shouldn't it be showing (map).bsp.bz2? As this is what I have found from other server's with FastDL.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Fast Download problem

Post by Edge100x »

It should be trying the .bz2 file first. Are you able to download the .bz2 files manually through your web browser? What are you seeing in the Apache logfile when a client is trying to download a map?
Excel Gamers
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Excel Gamers »

Yes I can download through my web browser.

In Apache log file (access.log)
[14/Sep/2011:02:12:24 -0700] "GET /cstrike/maps/ba_jail_blackops.bsp.bz2 HTTP/1.1" 200 10616730
Which is the map I tested the download on.

Nothing in errors log about downloading maps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From that line, it looks like it's downloading correctly. If you don't see another line directly after it for the .bsp file, the game is doing it right.
Excel Gamers
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Excel Gamers »

My server.cfg was wrong. Fixed now.