[TUTORIAL] Adding Admins to your Killing Floor Server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[TUTORIAL] Adding Admins to your Killing Floor Server

Post by Elochai »

How To Add Admins To Your Killing Floor Server

With how helpful the staff has been to me as a new customer I just felt like giving something back to help out others here.

Step 1:

If you log into your Killing Floor Web Admin Interface you'll notice that the Admins & Groups option is disabled (If not disabled then your all set to add users, and clan members as admins already). The image below shows the link disabled.

So lets get started on enabling your Admins & Groups controls. Log into your NuclearFallout Control Panel. Go to your Killing Floor server and click File Manager. Now select your Killing Floor config file (default: KillingFloor.ini) and then select Edit for the option in the 2nd drop down control. Now click the Submit button.

Step 2:

Your config file should now be opened in an online editor within your control panel. Look for a line called AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControlClass under the [Engine.GameInfo] section.

Now replace / rename the line called AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControlClass to AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControlIni and then click the Save button.

Step 3:

With your config file done, you will need to go to your Server Control within your NuclearFallout Control Panel for your Killing Floor server where you will do 2 steps.

Step A: Add ?AdminName=XXXXX?AdminPassword=XXXXX to the end of your starting line. Were the XXXXX are; put your Admin Name and Password or you won't be able to log into the Killing Floor Web Admin Interface, even if you already have your Admin Name and Password inside the config file already.

Step B: In order for this to take effect you must restart your server. From the drop down box select Restart the server and then push the Do it button.

Step 4:

Time to see if it worked. Log into your Killing Floor Web Admin Interface and you should now be able to access the Admins & Groups control. You can now add new admins from this page. You can limit the admin powers they get and assign them login information to sign into a sub account of the Killing Floor Web Admin Interface panel for controling and monitoring the Killing Floor server.

Good luck and hope this helps :wink:

Scott,

PS: I would of added the images as attachments but I was only allowed 3. So if you do add this tutorial to your killing floor help, could you re-upload the images to the NFO site.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: [TUTORIAL] Adding Admins to your Killing Floor Server

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks, Scott. I've bumped it up to allow 20 attachments for the future.

I could have sworn that I had KF set up to use XAdmin by default. I will go ahead and fix that in the default version right now. With XAdmin set up, the admins are configured in XAdmin.ini, so you can also create the default user there (instead of on the command line). By default, it comes with one having username "Admin" and password "Admin".
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I just reset the KF files while troubleshooting a customer concern last week, and it looks like that's when I broke the previously-default XAdmin usage. I've fixed that now :).
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

Lol I thought it was funny too that it was not set up for it. Oh well I got to use Windows 7 paint on the new install of my rig :p.

Just got to get the ram fix as it's eating 3 gb with nothing loaded and all the eye candy turned off. And my power backup unit software won't load. Misses going to kill me tomorrow if I'm on that computer to long on her weekend off lol.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

Oh by the way Edge, I don't know if you know this but the NFO control panel theme is not the default one. The theme that starts off is that white and olive color one. I was happy to find the NFO theme as the other one is to bright for 3 AM :P
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yup, a lot of people like that one better :).
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

Edge I just set up my 2nd KF server on the VDS and it looks like you forgot part of the command line for AccessControlClass for the Admins & Groups. You got AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControl but it should be AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControlIni

You left the Ini off the command. Just letting you know. By the way, if there no need for this topic could you delete it and if there is need could you copy the images over to nfo. My host gonna want me to link them into a html file if I keep them there to show I'm not using my space as storage.

By the way, I got to play some KF tonight and the server ran smooth and lag free. Got to test out BF2 some night.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Good catch, I'll fix that.

I don't think this will be required but I don't like to delete things, and you did a thorough job :). I'll debate it further. As you said, attachments would work a bit better.
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

Edge100x wrote:Good catch, I'll fix that.

I don't think this will be required but I don't like to delete things, and you did a thorough job :). I'll debate it further. As you said, attachments would work a bit better.
Thank you, but if you save the image files or reupload them as attachments then you can keep this topic in tac. Where as I will have to delete the images off my website unless I have a web page done up with the images in it. That the rules of my web host to ensure the space is not being used as storage.

I may write another tomorrow on setting up server messages in Killing Floor.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!