Who will be installing all the new files??

do u want steam/1.6?

yes
60%
no
40%
not sure
No votes

Total votes: 5

PaperCut
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Who will be installing all the new files??

Post by PaperCut »

Hi. I suck with installing anything onto my server, will u guys be making the update?

Im afraid im going to mess everything up... And if i have to install some new admin mod i cant. I am too scarred to do it, will u guys be around to help like on irc? I am afraid im going to have to install all these new files i dont have a clue on how to.

Mainly is there going to be an auto update with 1.6/steam, and will my current server still run or do i have to get some new type of server? sorry for all these questions i just dont wanna get stuck with getting new stuff pinned on me when i dunno what to do.
my cats name is mittens :D
dL-Templisk
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by dL-Templisk »

Server related maitenance such as this is automatically done by Nuclear Fallout, however adding new admin files and such for adminmod etc. may have to wait or get someone to help you because of the change.

But Edge DID say that adminmod amxmod etc. SHOULD work the same, because CS isn't changing that much in the aspects that adminmod effects.

Also, I got an email from NFo about server maintenance tomorrow morning this could be exactly what you were talking about :P
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Adminmod, AMX mod, HLG, Statsme, etc... all work with the new HLDS and CS 1.6.

If for some reason you need help installing anything just drop by the #NFo-support channel and myself or someone else will gladly assist you with an install. If you feel you are unable to install something then Im sure someone might be willing to do it for you. TIP: Im easily bribed with candy...rofl jk. Just stop by IRC if you need help with anything.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

dL-Templisk wrote:
Also, I got an email from NFo about server maintenance tomorrow morning this could be exactly what you were talking about :P
That maintenance is regarding a security update on the servers so your servers aren't exploited ;)

As for steam, the server you get will be steam, then be ready for 1.6