My VDS is crashing

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Individual
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My VDS is crashing

Post by Individual »

I have 3 BF3 servers on it right now. 2 64 man and 1 32 man. The 64 are set on conquest, and the 32 is set on rush. Issues I'm experiencing: The 64 mans are running good when they don't crash, but they are crashing about every 30-40 mins. Also, I try to populate the 32 rush, and right before the countdown ends, it kicks everyone from the server and I get a message in battlelog saying kicked by admin. Any suggestions?

This is 6 core VDS btw.
Individual
A regular
A regular

Re: My VDS is crashing

Post by Individual »

I just noticed too, using the in-game admin features is crashing the server.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

How do you access the ingame admin? do you have to type something in chat or the console... I don't get how you get to the point where you access the commands.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

Individual wrote:I just noticed too, using the in-game admin features is crashing the server.
Ah yes, I have the same problem, now that I figured how to type in the commands.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

It's been reported on the EA forums also.
Known issue.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Individual
A regular
A regular

Post by Individual »

My server is running pretty bad right now. Hasn't been running got at all. I can fill up the servers, but a few things are being observed. 1. Server crashing every hour or so. 2. Bad rubberbanding once the servers get somewhat full. I currently have the 6 core VDS and hosting 2 64 man conquests and 1 32 man rush in BF3. I don't know if its the location or something else, but right now, the server is not performing well.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Most VDSes can't support 64-slot servers (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5815). I would recommend dropping the player counts down on those to reduce the performance problems.

As far as the crashing, there are a number of crash bugs in the game right now, and other possible reasons for what you're seeing, that we discuss here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5904