Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

zeroumus
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

Post by zeroumus »

Edge100x wrote:I'm very interested to know as well.

I've been testing with one of our servers and it never seems to get above 3/5, which makes me wonder if I need to modify it to make the server 3 or 4 players above the count to get around some Battlelog limitation. (Or, it could just be that people are dropping.)

when i did it manually, I tried to stay 6 above the current player count, i was able to get to 32 people that way
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

see thats weird...any time id have it at more than 4 or so the server wouldn't get any more players...ive been playing awhile and its stuck at 8/12
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

fwiw 4 doesnt seem to be working all that well...
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

nutz wrote:see thats weird...any time id have it at more than 4 or so the server wouldn't get any more players...ive been playing awhile and its stuck at 8/12
Mine was stuck too, I had to start manually raising and lowering it. But when that is ironed out completely DAMN it'll be legit!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

+2 and +4 seem about the same. Either way, the server plateaus after a bit, instead of continuing to fill up.

I'm going to experiment with using only even numbers or multiples of 4. All the changes may be slowing us down.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

None of the above working :(
I put up a 2nd 64 up and it's not filling up like our #1.
Same settings...same exact configs.

John, could it be something in the game GUID at this point?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

IcEWoLF, the server browser (not Quickmatch, but the manually-retrieved Battlelog list) is very picky. Changing the GUID and changing the name both seem to affect position in that list. Servers hitting the "sweet spot" are shown near the top and insta-fill.

The solution with the auto-adjusting player counts takes advantage of the properties of Quickmatch, which is a different technique.

I discuss this more here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5931
Snowblind
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Snowblind »

we tried this last night on our server ... we played for 4 hours and couldnt get anymore than 16 ppl on it ... its like we dont exsist unless someone is specificly looking for us ... this is extreamly discouraging .... cant justify paying for a public server to just sit there much longer ... our clan was hoping to have a pub for fun and a private for scrims but it looks like we will just be goin to a private server unless they can fix server browser and since the patch we cant set unlocks on or off so we cant even scrim fairly now untill they make the servers unranked and unlocked ... sigh .. the headaches continue :cry:
Wait .... I have a SIG o_0
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

We're in the same boat, we bought a 64 man server. The first few nights, it was rocking. Since about R4 or R5, it's been literally empty. We had 4 - 8 clan mates in it for hours, we cant get a single random to come in. I tried the GUID reset, tried changing the server name multiple times, and tried dropping the player count.

We have it completely stock, which sucks because you need 8 people to even be able to walk (dont get me started on that), still no traffic.

In short, i don't see us keeping our own server much longer, it's a real shame as we wanted a place to call our own. At $100/month, its a lot to float for emptiness.

I dont blame the guys at NFO for any of this btw, if anything, they've been as much of a help as the could be.
zeroumus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by zeroumus »

while using it last night, it seemed to work as intended, i too noticed at about 16 people things started to crap out. It did seem like there was just not that many people playing . When i have done it manually i can get up to 32, when i did it manually, i would set it +4 - +8

the other possibility is, maybe now that more servers are getting seeded, there is too many servers for the number of players. that could be a reason for having trouble after 16 or so, but i don't think so.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect, it doesn't seem to hurt quickmatch or regular joins if you set "Round start player count" to 1, so I'd recommend doing that so that you can at least play before you hit 8 players.

Mostly what kills the 64s is the randomness of the browser.
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

I was using the beta feature last night and it was getting stuck at 8 players, so I started manually altering the maxplayers and managed to get up to 16. After that though, people kept leaving. It might have been related to one team dominating the other though.

Baby steps! At least we've managed to get some people playing on our server that's been dead :)
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

yeah im up to 20 right now so i'm sure reporting that will jinx it :)

and yes setting the round players to 1,0 hasn't had a bearing on quickmatch or it showing up as a "normal" server
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Ive set it to 1, thanks for the update on that. I've also enabled the player limit change thing thing, so we'll see how tonight goes.
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

I'm still not sure if the player limit beta can properly migrate past 8-12 people. I'll try and check tonight!