MW3 Server Problem

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
soulseka
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

MW3 Server Problem

Post by soulseka »

I recently purchased a vds and started setting up all my servers but once i finish setting up the mw3 server i notice in the server window that it says "No Steam Master Servers found. Server will LAN visible only."

I have tried restarting the server many times thinking maybe the connection timed out but every time i load it up says the same thing. I also tried restarting the vds to make sure it wasn't at fault.

Any suggestions anyone may have will be much appreciated.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: MW3 Server Problem

Post by Edge100x »

MW3 always says that when it starts, even when it's working. Wait a few minutes and look for the server in your Steam browser, and you may see that it's running properly.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Well i left it running all last night but i checked the in-game server browser this morning and it is still not showing up. Could it be something with my start up parameters? Here is what i got in the target spot of the gameserver shortcut: +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27015 +set net_ip IPADDRESS +set ui_maxclients 18 +set sv_maxclients 18 +start_map_rotate
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Hmm, that command line looks correct.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Could a port somehow be blocked and that's why it is not showing up in the server list?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It indicates that it was able to connect and secure the server with VAC, so I wouldn't think this is it, but if you're running a firewall, you should certainly try disabling that.

You might also try running on a different IP, or removing the IP specification entirely.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Would it cost money to replace the current ip i have now with a new one? I also tried removing the ip/port commands in the start up but still no luck.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It should cost a small prorated amount. We talk about how to do it here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =47&t=5417

The actual IP used shouldn't make a difference, though.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Well i purchased another ip and specified the server to use the new ip but still wont show up in the server browser. Have you setup any new mw3 servers for other customers and have they had any issues finding it in the server browser?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've set up quite a few MW3 servers for customers here on shared machines, VDSes, and dedicated servers, and I have not experienced this problem yet.

You're certain that you don't have a firewall running?
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Does a firewall come pre-installed with the vds besides the windows firewall that i dont know about? I know the windows firewall is not running because a needed service for that firewall is not running.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

No other firewall would come enabled, no.

If you're running an older OS such as Windows 2003, you might try installing the various VC++ redistributable packages and .NET versions, in case MW3 requires one of these for some reason. If all else fails, Windows 2008 R2 might be worth a go. Windows 2008 R2 is what we use for our servers.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

I also run some halo server do you know if there are any known issues with running halo servers on windows server 2008?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't run into any trouble with that here, that I can recall.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Well i decided to switch to windows server 2008 r2 and it fixed whatever the problem was. Thank you for the help it is much appreciated.