acuraCLS dL-Templisk Anubis plz help me~I have new questions

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
LadYRaiN
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

acuraCLS dL-Templisk Anubis plz help me~I have new questions

Post by LadYRaiN »

I have some new questions~ Could u help me?~~

Question no1~:

When I joining the game, this frame appears. I know how to write on the frame.but the background of this frame is white, it looks not good, how can I change the color?I saw It was transparent on other servers~

Question no2~:

At the end of the round, there r "Most damage done by:"and "Best score:" display. But "Best score:" cant display everytime,and sometimes everything cant display. How can I fix it?

Question no3~:

When I was killed by enemy,there was an enemy status displayed in the left corner. It couldnt display completely,just displayed half.There was no enemy's hp and armor status.How can I fix it?

Question no4~:

When I type top15, this frame appears. It looks so terrible,and it's hard to read clearly. How can I change the color of this frame? And range it clear?(like the top15 in cs 1.5)

Question no5~:

When I used amxadmin command amx_map fy_iceworld, an error note appeared. It said ' Couldnt open de_vegas.xxx' . Everybody on the server was forced disconnect by this error. How can I play iceworld on my server?~ This is the most interesting map for me....sigh....
(no pic captured)

Question no6~:

How can I kick people without their names? Some peoples names r hard to type in the console~How about amx_kick steamid? I tried it, it didnt work.

Question no7~:

I heard many servers had a function,was when people killed 3 or more people, there would have a voice,like 'multikill' 'ultrakill or something like that. How can I add this to my server?~~

Im new in managing a cs server~Plz help me?!~~~~
lt987456
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

as for your first questions

Post by lt987456 »

Question no1~:

When I joining the game, this frame appears. I know how to write on the frame.but the background of this frame is white, it looks not good, how can I change the color?I saw It was transparent on other servers~
You need to edit your motd.txt with html and if you dont know html or arn't very good with it like me :D this site has a html how to http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp any ways if you join my server for a sec you can see what I've done with mine 66.117.18.43:27015
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

all right, that was very thorough heh :)

anyways, he told ya how to edit the statsme top15 and the motd etc

as for the statsme, its buggy with the new 1.6/steam format, it cant read it properly.

the de_vegas.wad is a steam/cs 1.6 bug that for some odd reason, you need to play iceworld for, and to play other games as well :/

It will be a problem to get fixed, CS 1.6 should download via steam the de_vegas.wad if you do not have it.

for kicking people, you only need to type in a part of their name, such as amx_kick acura and that will kick me, you dont need to type the full name. The part of their name can be anywhere in their name, just needs to be enough to distinguish them from another player or wont work.

as for the multikill and other formats, you need to install statsme scriptpacks from http://www.unitedadmins.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

> Question no1~:

Discussed above, but basically you have to make motd.txt into valid HTML. For instance, to make it black, put this in instead of what you have.

<body bgcolor="black" text="white">
Welcome to this server! (and other text here)
</body>

> Question no2~:
> Question no3~:
> Question no4~:

These are problems with statsme that are a result of its incompatibilities with 1.6. There's not too much that can be done for them in general, but for no. 4, you can try the fix mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index.ph ... opic=31616

> Question no5~:
> It said ' Couldnt open de_vegas.xxx'

Did it say it couldn't open de_vegas.wad? It's possible that the file is corrupted or missing on your client. When you reconnect, does it try to download the file? Can you tell me whether de_vegas.wad exists in your Steam\SteamApps\half-life\cstrike folder?
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

darn

I feel left out

I didnt really get to say anything useful this time

:oops:
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
LadYRaiN
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by LadYRaiN »

Thx so much.....~everything is ok now......~haha ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SnakeOps
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by SnakeOps »

The reason why attackers, killers and other on HUD stats are trunctuated is 1.6 has a 79 character limit on the HUD.