10 Months In...

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
ThatBum
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

10 Months In...

Post by ThatBum »

Yep, my Gmod server's been rolling for 10 months now, It's seen constant use. It's the top SpaceBuild server of all of Gmod according to GameTracker. Nothing but excellent service and performance from NFo. The uptime is legendary. And the machine is a flippin' dual Xeon beast. Can't ask for more than that.

Still loving the relative freedom on the machines and the custom control panel. I actually had my first learning experience with MySQL here in NFo, and am learning Lua scripting. :D

I got enough donations to run the game and web servers for two years yet. :P Apparently people really appreciate my way of running it. I put NFo prominently in my MOTD but no referrals yet...I wanna see what high CPU priority is like before I commit anything.

Keep on keepin' on, guys.
mystical
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: 10 Months In...

Post by mystical »

High CPU Priority does nothing except put your server above others when high server load comes up.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

mystical wrote:High CPU Priority does nothing except put your server above others when high server load comes up.

It is not only when high load comes up, it would be considered a higher priority all the time.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
ThatBum
A regular
A regular

Post by ThatBum »

Well yeah, it's whatever the Windows equivalent of niceness is on Unix. Devotes more CPU time to the process over others of equal usage. Just wondering what it would practically do. Probably not much, as the machine has 8 physical cores, enough to satisfy the server processes on the machine, I'd imagine.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We underload our machines so much that higher CPU priority doesn't usually make a difference :).