Sven Coop (Half-life 1 mod) server hosting?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Cypher100
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sven Coop (Half-life 1 mod) server hosting?

Post by Cypher100 »

Sven Coop is fun and still haves loads of users playing it, can you guys offer this service? I like to have a sven coop server.

Here's a link to the mod. http://www.svencoop.com/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Sven Coop (Half-life 1 mod) server hosting?

Post by Edge100x »

You would be able to manually install and run one of these on an unmanaged service, such as an unmanaged VDS ordered from here: https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by untamed316 »

Man I used to play this game whenever I was bored years back in college. So much fun. My favorite maps were resident evil ones.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

So... really really old necro-post here, but this game was released on Steam, AppID for Server is 276060.

As of last weekend, 6,500+ players
80K marked as "Owned" (meaning in people's libraries).

And it's a free game.

Just thought I'd roll that thought bubble out.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I put one online just to test it out, and it has been full pretty much ever since. People love servers running on this NFO hardware. :)

Ticketry
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ticketry »

I agree! I've been following Sven-Coop since the ladder of 99 and I'd love to see Sven-Coop being hosted through NFO, Since their more recent release and finally being steampiped can't wait to see future updates :D, Now John support my dream booyah! lol

-Ticketry
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Ticketry wrote:I agree! I've been following Sven-Coop since the ladder of 99 and I'd love to see Sven-Coop being hosted through NFO, Since their more recent release and finally being steampiped can't wait to see future updates :D, Now John support my dream booyah! lol

-Ticketry
And here you go!
Edge100x wrote:You would be able to manually install and run one of these on an unmanaged service, such as an unmanaged VDS ordered from here: https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
Enjoy! 8)
Ticketry
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ticketry »

TacTicToe wrote:
Ticketry wrote:I agree! I've been following Sven-Coop since the ladder of 99 and I'd love to see Sven-Coop being hosted through NFO, Since their more recent release and finally being steampiped can't wait to see future updates :D, Now John support my dream booyah! lol

-Ticketry
And here you go!
Edge100x wrote:You would be able to manually install and run one of these on an unmanaged service, such as an unmanaged VDS ordered from here: https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
Enjoy! 8)
Ah thanks for the response, John's post was back in 2012 long before Sven became steampiped, I'm rather lazy when it comes to dealing with a unmanaged server! 8) I think I will be patient and hope they add Sven to their games order page one of these days haha.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Too bad, un-managed really is the way to go. Especially since it is so easy to do and automate. Took me all of 5 mins to create a server and have it online. Within 3 mins of going online, it was already full. Since the game is not that much in demand, I would guess it is unlikely it will be added to the lineup.

If you want to get un-managed and need help setting it up, let me know. It really is quite simple.
levelediting
New to forums
New to forums

Post by levelediting »

I am going to look into the unmanaged option for sven coop servers but it seems a bit confusing. Better than nothing for sure.