MW3 disable voting on dedicated servers

TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

MW3 disable voting on dedicated servers

Post by TacTicToe »

In my server.cfg file I have "seta g_allowVote 0", however you can still call votes on the server. Am I missing something? Is there another place I need to go to disable the votes? I get tired of idling the server to get it full, to come back and find someone vote kicked me off my own server. Its a bit irritating.

Thanks.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: MW3 disable voting on dedicated servers

Post by kraze »

TacTicToe wrote:In my server.cfg file I have "seta g_allowVote 0", however you can still call votes on the server. Am I missing something? Is there another place I need to go to disable the votes? I get tired of idling the server to get it full, to come back and find someone vote kicked me off my own server. Its a bit irritating.

Thanks.

What you are seeing is most likely MW3 inactivity timer, after being inactive for so long the server will automatically kick you. Try changing this setting;

seta g_inactivity 280
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Nope. I can go all day and sit idle and not get kicked. Then someone will come on at some point and vote kick me off the server. Also I have "seta g_inactivity 0" so no one ever gets kicked for idling. There has to be a way to do it, either a mod or something...
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

TacTicToe wrote:Nope. I can go all day and sit idle and not get kicked. Then someone will come on at some point and vote kick me off the server. Also I have "seta g_inactivity 0" so no one ever gets kicked for idling. There has to be a way to do it, either a mod or something...

What is the exact message you see when you come back and look at your screen?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Riot
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Riot »

You may wanna try loading a new server.cfg file or maybe reinstalling all of the server files on the server and start fresh but do keep you .dspl and .dsr files.