BF3 - Subscription Service, Additional DLC & Double XP

woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 - Subscription Service, Additional DLC & Double XP

Post by woowoo »

Have ya'll seen this? While I like the additional DLC, I don't like them copying the CoD elite service.

Article reposted from Battlefieldo:

We've got some exclusive news and some new dates for you all. It looks like EA/DICE is rolling out a premium content service, and are also planning to drop 5th expansion after their previously announced End Game DLC. In addition, there will be a DOUBLE XP WEEKEND this weekend, May 12th - 14th!

Battlefield Premium : June 4th
Battlefield™ Premium will land you a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else. First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalization options.

Close Quarters : June 12th

June 2012 : Guide
Get the upper hand with this strategy guide, teaching you how to improve and become an even more skilled player.

August 2012: Bonus Content

Fall 2012 : Armored Kill

Winter 2012 : End Game

March 2013 : 5th Expansion Pack (still untitled)

Looks like some exciting things on the horizon! What are your thoughts on the new info and what are you most looking forward to?

Source: Battlefieldo Breaking News Article
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BF3 - Subscription Service, Additional DLC & Double XP

Post by kraze »

I honestly don't mind it. As long as they don't do that Xbox gets everything first crap, it should be ok. IMO, services like these are great but these companies..(Activision) let the greed come first and don't treat users equally.

I am curious to see how EA will handle it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

look at this bullcrap..

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8655/ccxle.png

EA forum admins keep deleting threads where this is posted and they even made it so no one can post anymore.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

I just wanna add that I dunno if this image is 100% legit or not. I saw it posted on the EA forums.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

(I'm a community founder at gsngaming.com, and run multiple servers for this game)

I have no problem paying for good DLC, new maps, guns, game types, etc but this part really really really pissed me off: DICE ignored us asking for reserved slots (among other essential things for the BF franchise) for months, and NOW it's clear why.

What I got from this fact sheet in a nutshell: We pay for a powerful dedicated server to run this buggy game ($$$$$) + BF3 Administrative FEE's for each server slot (EXTRA $$$$$). Meanwhile we cannot rent out VIP slots to our regular players that love our servers, making it so we can't support the servers financially (-$$$). NOW dice in basically selling (queue priority in servers) VIP slots to our servers. Great way for them to scoop up ALL the money. Are they trying to exterminate gaming communities that run their servers?

If this is true, (lets hope not) we'll be doing everything we can to disable it. (We will find a way) DICE won't be selling unknown players QUEUE PRIORITY in OUR SERVERS.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If so, I guess the hackers will be purchasing this to get VIP priority to servers.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I think that this Battlefield 3 Premium is worth it considering that it pays for all the upcoming DLC in advance + B2K if not already owned. It's like paying $12.50 per DLC content but you get a lot more packaged with it.

I'm with badbadrobot on the priority queue bit. It seems like such a selfish move on their part, controlling queues for our (us admins) game servers that we pay for. I'll be damned if this is put in effect before reserved slots are properly put in effect. That's a good way to take a large step away from being a community based game/company.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
timebirds
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by timebirds »

kraze wrote:I honestly don't mind it. As long as they don't do that Xbox gets everything first crap, it should be ok. IMO, services like these are great but these companies..(Activision) let the greed come first and don't treat users equally.

I am curious to see how EA will handle it.
Apparently it's a one time payment, not monthly. So that's already a bit less greedy already.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Coming in at $50.
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

Wow... Just when I thing DICE/EA couldn't screw server owners any more - they ignore the us and roll their own VIP queue charge so that THEY can make more money. Forget the individuals and communities that put up their own hard earned money monthly to support THEIR game.

This needs to end.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

anyone here gonna install a plugin that kicks premium users?
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

i saw this on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium
"Get priority when queuing for your favorite game server. Queue priority lets you get quicker into the game (VIPs will still go first)."
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

marrr wrote:i saw this on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium
"Get priority when queuing for your favorite game server. Queue priority lets you get quicker into the game (VIPs will still go first)."
Just saw this as well. VIP slots working officially now?
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

I think they should give server owners the choice if they want to allow premium users to cut in line or not. It's wrong for DICE to allow premium users to cut in line when they don't pay for all the public servers.