Favorite Anti Cheat?

=AGL= Digital Spit
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Favorite Anti Cheat?

Post by =AGL= Digital Spit »

Running a server and I'm about to expand to a second server. However as most of us know.

sv_scriptenforcer and VAC doesn't cut it.

So from one server owner to another how do you keep your server protected from people who use illegitimate techniques?

May it be addons or just a script.

Maybe post a link to said material if possible and in your opinion as to why it's the best!
Mrkrabz
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Favorite Anti Cheat?

Post by Mrkrabz »

I'm guessing you are particularly talking about garrysmod. Well first off make sure you still have got Script-enforcer turned on to stop people with client side scripts, this however will not stop bypasses. Another thing to block is PP_PIXELRENDER search up on that. There is a addon on garrysmod.org I believe that stops it.

Blocking actual Hacks is harder. There are techniques that is possible to instantly detect them, however they end up getting patched within days. Your best bet is to have a good admin team.
Kropp
A regular
A regular

Post by Kropp »

I know you want a anti-cheat but its not the best idea in garrysmod,
Servers that have a anti-cheat are wearing a target on there back saying DDoS me!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

As Mrkrabz said, the best anti-cheat is a good admin team. Nothing will be able to replace active admins who know what they are looking for.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
=AGL= Digital Spit
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =AGL= Digital Spit »

Thank you guys for your feedback! And I'm sorry for neglecting the fact to mention that it is for Garry's Mod.

I just want to make sure that my community offers a fair playing field but there is always people out there that are wanting to have advantages!
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by TheLastPenguin »

There are a few anti cheers but most will break Addons, glitch and ban everyone, or are just bipassed within days of updates. Unless you have the knoladge to code your own anti cheat there arnt any good ones out there that I know of.
Sources:
3 hours of searching.